Council Meeting

(The photo above is Zeticon City, the house of the councils and the capital city of the Theocracy. You see huge walls across the photo? Yes, and they are over 400ft tall. In the Council's building is in, is on an island. The island is full of house of loyalties and nobles and high ranks, and outside the island was the house of commoners. They don't look poor but aren't rich as the nobles. Poverty are very rare in the city but racism on other species is quite common)

In the city of Zeticon, one of the largest city on Fordalt with the population over three million. Inside the building is where the council of the Senadate Theocracy takes place.

Councilwoman Aurora was walking down the glistering halls of the lord's castle. She was late for a meeting, an important meeting that would dictate the role of the council for the days to come. She bid the two Red scriptures mages that were with her farewell as she closed the large doors behind her.

The room was average in size but grand in stature. Five council members were already sitting in the round table, few empty seats was the only scorn to the eye, those are from the Archbishop and the Pope itself, and that one empty seat was for Aurora. She was silent and so were the other council members. They were all wearing cloaks and the cloaks had hoods over their heads that covered the upper part of their faces.

But the hoods failed to hide that every one of the council was already wrinkled with old age. Their skin had already begun to fold and only their magical power preserved them. They are all way over a hundred years old and the oldest of which, was Aurora.

Aurora had been councilwoman for 370 years ever since she ascended to Demigod when she was 80 years of age. She managed to maintain her long life span through the heavy use of her mana to keep her body going, save for some small and barely noticeable wrinkles on her cheeks, she still looked young.

She has watched six Popes come and go, the last of which was found in such a horrid state that the scene still lingers in her mind, bringing her nightmares every night. That being so, she has refused to sleep more than four hours every day fearing that the nightmares would only get worse if she exalts herself in the practice of sleeping.

She sat down on her chair and the council meeting has officially begun, the other council members did not scold her, no, they had no time for petty disputes. There was an emergency at hand and had to be quick in making decisions.

"We lost all our armies,"

After those words were uttered, the council went into a flurry of arguments. The council argued among themselves how ridiculous that they were defeated, stating points that the scriptures that were assigned to each army were more than enough to support them against the overwhelming superiority of the metal demons. Even the goddess gave them blessings that were for sure to have significantly improved each soldier and mage of the Theocracy.

"But no! Hundreds of thousands of our men were slaughtered in a single night! How could this be?"

"The enemy is truly a demon incarnate! This could only mean that the forces of the devil have begun to flood through the gates of hell and into this world, we may be seeing another Great War!"

"Councilman, if I were to add, these demons possessed no magic whatsoever, not even dark magic! How can they be simple demon incarnates? Regardless to say, they are of something we have no knowledge about!"

The feud went on and on, at this rate no decision would be made and the Theocracy will be really done for. At this time, Aurora decided to finally speak.