Battle Of Titans

"Look out!" The garrison on the wall panicked as the Titan rammed its feet through, obliterating that segment of the wall and killing nearby bystanders, knights, and guards.

"Go! Go!" The archers pulled their bows and shot, the arrows having been enhanced by magic did little to even scratch the skin of the titan as it walked right into the city

"You SHALL not pass!" The councilwoman announced. Floating in the air, her voice echoed throughout the city and was heard by everyone who was outside standing on the streets or over the walls. Panic among the populace near the eastern wall erupted. Horrified men, women and children filled the streets as the ran the opposite direction from the titan.

The chaos caused by the titan's sudden entrance into the city was downright the pinnacle of human survival instinct, many abandoned their families, their loved ones, their friends and even their pets. A lone lady of old age laid on the floor in a pool of blood. Nobody gave her a hand nor did they care, instead they gave her a foot every time someone would run over her.

The stampede was horrendous, knights and local guardsmen tried their best to quell the chaos but to no avail, they too would be caught in the wave of people who only wanted to escape the monster that knocked down their front door.

"Fire!" A volley of arrows was released by a group of archers, the archers were standing directly in its path. The arrows did nothing. despite being enhanced with explosion magic, the expected explosive victory they hoped for sadly did not happen. The explosion of the arrows merely scratched its feet.

"Run!" The archers broke formation and ran away before the titan stomped its feet directly over them. The night was full of screams and wails, many carried with torches with them as the streets lacked any light source. Fires broke out within wooden houses, causes of the fire varied but most were caused by misused torches. Some hoped that the fires would ward off the titan make them safe as they naively thought that a metal giant would be afraid of getting burned.

Seriously, metal can't be burned, only melted. But a mere torch or house fire won't melt a gargantuan giant made out of Titanium metal.

The garrisons from the other walls were called. Conveniently lowering their defensive capabilities in an event of an all-out assault by the encamped metal army. Ranks of knights were formed and desperately charged at the titan aided by mages who lobbed spell after spell at it.

Scratches and dents were the fruit of their desperate labour. The council was nowhere to be found in this time of need, have they abandoned them? Were they now all alone? Where was the goddess? Doubt, though small before, has begun to take a major root within the minds of the people.

The Titan sounded a loud horn that was heard from the entire city and hundreds of kilometres away. After travelling through the eastern district relatively unopposed, it now faced the councilwoman.