Chapter 15

☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎Punch to the face▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

(Trigger warning some sexual harassment I promise to warn you when it stops and when it ends! Just look for the bold letters in brackets!)

*María's POV*

I walked around Casita trying to find Alma for what seemed like hours. I was careful as to not get in everyone's way but also made sure I helped as much as I could. A whistle caught my attention. I looked up at tye balcony to see Señora Alma looking down at me with a warm smile on her face. I smile up at her before dodging people to get upstairs. I reach her without much trouble. I was panting a bit.

She linked our arms and we started walking together. We came to her door. I gave her a quizing look, she mearly chuckled and opened the door for us. She entered first and then me after her. When I entered, it was a dim room but it had maroon coloured walls that reminded me of her dress and one every wall of her room it was covered from top to bottom in small tea light candles. It gave the room some light but not much, she linked our arms again and brought me up the stairs that wereat the back of the room and brought me upstairs. There I stood just a few feet away from the candle or in Encanto it was known as the Miracle. I was in awe as it burned. The flame was higher than any candle I have ever seen. And around it was a powerful arua. The flame danced with the wind and the magic followed.

'Do you know why I brought you here María?' she asks. My arm still linked in hers. I tear my gaze away from the Miracle and look at her.

I shake my head. 'No Señora I don't'

'Bien entonces dejame explicar (Well then let me explain)' she says. She walks me over to her chair that was infront of the Miracle. She let's go of my arm and sits down, I sit on the floor to the side of her waiting patiently for an explanation. 'I see the way you look at each other, it was the same with me and Pedro, he looks at you with love and admiration and you look at him with concern and adoration, when you help him or the familia his eyes light up with joy, when you see him making a kid laugh I see the your smile, you and Camilo were made for each other, so don't try and deny it'

I look at her in shock. Heat rises to my cheeks and I lower my head. No use in trying to deny it anymore. 'I-i never imagined falling for him, he has the most charming smile and the kindest eyes....' I trailed off realising something.

'Pero? (But?)' She questions. I look up at her with tears brimming my eyes.

'But h-he doesn't love me.....he has every girl in the town after him, w-why would he go for me? I am just a maid, a poor maid at that, he could have a girl who is rich! And so much prettier that me....i am no one to him...' I say with a tear falling down my cheek. Señora Alma raises a hand to my face and wipes the tear that fell. She had a soft smile on her face.

'You wrong about everything you said there cariño mío (my dear), he loves you so so much, I see the way he looks at you! The others see it too! Dolores even told me she hears Camilo sleep talk about you! He even came to Felix to ask about advice on how to swoon you' she chuckles. 'He is smitten about cariño mío (my dear)'

I blushed bright red. 'R-really?'

'Sí! So all I ask is take care of him and love him right' she says with love in her voice. I smile.