Chapter Twenty one

She stood frozen in front of him. It feels like a bomb just fell right in front of her and the impact left her dumbstrucked and speechless. Her mouth slightly opened but nothing... no words came out. Nabibingi siya. Halos hindi na niya marinig ang paligid niya sa sobrang lakas ng tibok ng puso niya.

"Say something please..." He said with so much difficulty.

"You... you said you will never fall in love with me. I heard you say it to Magnus."

Hindi ito nakapagsalita. He bit his lower lip. There are too many emotions on his face right now but they were all overshadowed with anxiousness. He looked nervous and she have never seen him this nervous.

"I was already falling for you when I said that. I was just too scared to admit it to myself." He took a deep breath before looking at her in the eyes. His beautiful brown eyes speaks of honesty. "I have never been in love before, Thalya... Feeling it with you was enough to shake my resolve. I'm stupid for taking it this long to admit it."

Napalunok siya. He's staring at her as if his entire world is standing before him.

"River I..."

"Kayong dalawa, ano pa ang ginagawa ninyo diyan?"

Napalingon siya kay Mason na nakatayo ilang dipa mula sa kanila. Nalukot ang mukha niya.

"The girls are looking for you, Thalya. Ihahagis na daw ang bouquet."

God! Can't he read the mood?!

"Cece has been—"

"Goddammit, Mason! Hindi na ba makapaghihintay iyan?!"

Mason was startled at River's outburst. He blinked at his friend who is now looking at him with murder in his eyes. What's gotten into him?

"Daddy chill..."

River groaned in frustration.

Thalya immediately got in between the two. "Susunod na kami." Sagot niya kay Mason. Humarap siya kay River. "I think we should continue this later..." Nakagat niya ang ibabang labi ng hawakan nito ang kanyang braso.

"Promise me first that you will cancel that flight." Madiin nitong turan.

Wala siyang nagawa kung hindi ang tumango. "Okay... I promise."

He answered her with a nod. Pinakawalan nito ang pinipigilang paghinga. Nagsimula siyang maglakad ngunit hindi pa siya nakakadalawang hakbang ng ipulupot nito ang braso sa bewang niya.

"I didn't know you're this clingy." Puna niya.

"I didn't know it myself. Why, you don't like it?" Tanong nito sa seryosong tinig. Ang mga tingin nito'y malamlam at nang-aarok. Ni walang halong biro.

Napalunok siya. Why does he looks so hot whenever he stares at her like this? Like he wanted to kiss her senseless and ravish her in every way possible?

She cleared her throat. "Hindi naman sa ganoon..."

He slid his palm up and down her bare back. His fingertips lingering along her spine sent jolts of electricity althroughout her body. Her skin is tingling. His touch left her wanting. Her face reddened. Damn it. Just a single touch and she's already this aroused?

"I think I will be more clingy to you. So I must warn you, cariña. I don't think I'll be able to leave you alone from now on."

Her heart started racing like crazy! The corners of his lips went up.

"Try to catch the bouquet." Iyon lang ang sinabi nito bago naglakad palapit kay Mason.

"Do you know what they say will happen to a woman if she sucessfully catches a bride's bouquet?"