281-283

Chapter 281 - Was This the Price that She Had to Pay to Take Su QinYing's Place (1)

"Junrong, I have been looking for you."

It was a loud and powerful voice. Fang JunRong turned a little and happened to see Chu Kuo, the vice president of the Chamber of Commerce, walking up to her. He was tall, stocky, and good looking. He seemed affectionate when he smiled. Chu Kuo had a good relationship with the president of Gaoyuan Corporation and Fang JunRong got her invitation through him. He was sort of someone on her side.

Fang JunRong smiled lightly. "Hi, President Chu."

Chu Kuo said excitedly, "Lao Liu said you brought with you an aged wild ginseng?" The one he referred to as Lao Liu was the president of Gaoyuan Corporation. As a benchmark of this field, Chu Kuo had seen many. That fact that the wild ginseng that Fang JunRong had brought with her had piqued his interest would enough to show how rare an item it was. Chu Kuo was so curious that he couldn't even wait till the appraisal session and must come and look for Fang JunRong in advance.

Fang JunRong's eyelid twitched a little. Chu Kuo looked to be such a gentleman. She never would have pegged him as an impatient person.

She nodded slightly and Chu Kuo immediately wanted to take her to the office so he could take a look at this wild ginseng.

"Lao Chu, you are, after all, the vice president of our chamber of commerce. Why you acting like you have never seen anything? Do you really think what she has would be better than our wild ginseng?"

It was a coarse voice that sounded like the speaker had sand in his throat. Fang JunRong turned around and recognized the speaker. It was Jia Hongyuan, the vice president of the Chamber of Commerce of Herbs. He had been competing with Chu Kuo over the president position recently. The president of the Chamber of Commerce would, after all, be retiring a year from now. Jia Hongyuan's family was in the ginseng business and, in particular, was known for their cultivated ginseng.

As such, he was filled with confidence when he made that statement. What others thought of as rare wild ginseng was merely something he'd see day in and day out. As competitors, he would, of course, jab at Chu Kuo any chance that he got.

Chu Kuo had heard about it some from Lao Liu so Jia Hongyuan's instigating words did not upset him. Instead, he laughed and said to him, "Sure. You are the expert in this area. Why don't you come with us and help us appraise it?"

Fang JunRong said nonchalantly, "Thank you, President Jia."

Jia Hongyuan gave them a dubious look and said, "Why not? Show me this eye-opener too."

Then he followed Fang JunRong to the office. Jiang DeXian retrieved the red box that stored the wild ginseng. Everybody there couldn't help but gasped the moment the box was opened up in front of them. This wild ginseng was perfectly shaped and it's pearl bump was crazy huge. It's texture was dense and clear and its roots strong and thick. The entire plant was incredible looking and arguably a textbook case of a wild ginseng.

 The entire plant was incredible looking and arguably a textbook case of a wild ginseng