Work

Artemis stared down the elf as she continued to blush. This was a misunderstanding that would lead to disaster if one of them did not act accordingly to calm the situation.

The elf, noticing the confusion of Artemis, decided to tuck under herself under the blanket. 

"Huh" Artemis was even more confused.

Am I THAT ugly? Artemis thought as he looked at his body.

A savory smell then started to pour from Wart's room, prompting the elf to remove the blanket from her face and smell the scent. 

"Your soup seems to be ready," Artemis said.

"Ah.. yes," Pandora said.

Wart then came walking out of his bedroom with two bowls of hot and delicious mushroom soup. Artemis still didn't know where the hell he got those mushrooms since the rainforest seemed void of fungi overall.

Wart first gave a bowl of soup to Artemis and then sat down next to Pandora who still did not have the strength to set upright.

"You don't need to stand," Wart said as he scooped a spoonful of soup.

"T-thank you.. for your both of your kindness," Pandora said. 

Wart fed her the soup while Artemis reluctantly ate the soup he was given. Although he felt his body gain some energy despite it. 

 Wart refrained from asking further questions since he thought that Pandora was still too traumatized to remember what happened prior to being chased out.

After eating, Pandora again fell asleep, leaving Artemis and Wart to discuss what had happened to her.

"Milord, I know you know a thing or two about this Lord Rism the knights spoke about, who is he?" Artemis asked.

"Well, Erik. He is the King of this here land. But he is not a true king, he is merely a puppet of the Empire. You see, this land and the lands to the north are part of his kingdom but his grip seldom reaches my realm because, well, uncharted forest," Wart explained.

Artemis tilted his head.

"Then, milord. If this is indeed a vast forest, how did she and the knights end up so deep in here?" Artemis asked.

"There is a Fortress City not far from here, you see. It's the only city around with a few villages surrounding it. Although we are far from the Republic border or other independent kingdoms, the Uncharted forest is home to many ruins, dungeons, and, nests where magical beasts call their home," Wart said.

"I'm guessing that these magical beasts are a torn on the Fortress' and the surrounding villages?" Artemis said.

"Yes. There were once more villages here before, even stretching deeper into the forest. Then, a few years ago, magical beasts suddenly started increasing in number and the  lord of the fortress city decided to abandon the other villages to save the rest," Wart said. He was visibly distraught at the thought of villages being abandoned by their lord.

"I see, then, I'm guessing you were exiled here after that happened?" Artemis said.

"After the magical beasts increased?" Wart asked.

"Yes," Artemis answered.

"Yes, you're right. This forest wasn't always called the uncharted forest. The other Lord even wanted to tear it down to make way for further urbanization," Wart explained.

This was all well and dandy but Artemis couldn't help but notice discrepancies with his explanation.

Artemis then decided to keep a closer look over his new liege. He was certain that he wasn't telling the entire truth and nitpickrd information. But why would he? If he was indeed as benevolent as he said he was with his healing magic.

Somethings fishy about you, Artemis said.

Artemis squinted his eyes as he stared at Wart who was sitting on his chair facing the window. Artemis was standing against another window, he looked into his vitals and internal schematics by use of his x-ray vision coupled with his thermal sensors that have slowly regained functionality. Not to mention his other systems are slowly restoring, just a few weeks more then he'll get all of his systems back fully and became invincible again.

With that rain having stopped just an hour ago, it was time for Artemis to cut down some trees. 

He told Wart who gave him a nod and walked out of the hut.

Artemis walked by the bank of the lake and looked over the bundles of trees. Thinking carefully which part of the forest around the lake he wanted to cut down. At first, he wanted to cut down the trees around the hut but he figured that the trees served as a sort of camouflage. He didn't want to risk removing a layer of protection from his liege and then get blamed for it. 

And then a wonderful thought came to his mind that was the solution for all his problems.

He will just cut down a layer of trees around the lake entirely. 

And so he began, with his two energy blades, he began slicing and dicing the trees which fell like dominos as he walked through.

Wart felt the earth beneath him shake and Pandora was shook awake from the commotion as well. They both heard the trees falling one by one as if a giant was walking through them. In a panic, Wart ran outside only to find that it was Artemis who was causing all the noise and the shaking. 

Wart watched with his mouth open as his new vassal cut down hundreds of trees in minutes. The trees being cut so perfectly that it made his axe look weak in comparison.

Wart then walked back to the hut with terrified Pandora hiding under her blanket.

"Don't worry," Wart said.

"What is that?" Pandora asked with her eyes above the sheets. 

"It's my vassal. He's tearing down trees as if there is no tomorrow," And with that, Pandora once again blushed. She didn't expect her saviors to be this strong.

She once again removed the blanket from her face and tried to sit down.

"No, no don't, you need more rest," Wart said, trying to dissuade her from pushing herself too much.

"I-I'm fine.. I want to see him," Pandora said.

"But," Before Wart could further protest, the elf was already sitting upright.

"I want to see him," Pandora said.