Chapter Six-Ghosts

The man stared at Sheppard Bridge.

        He was a skeptic.

        No such things as ghosts, he thought.

        He was dressed in a long, black coat, black colored waistcoat, red colored baggy breeches, and black colored (ribboned) boots on his feet.

          He watched the Bridge. Bright lights illumed the gold colored ropes. The moon was in the early evening sky, beaming an eerie glow on the man's face.

             Nothing in his 32 years could prepare him for the ghosts of Sheppard Bridge.

              And the Manor.

By 6:00 pm, the man whose name was Chambers, stared at the Bridge. All across England, Ireland, Wales, and Scotland, he debunked all kinds of ghostly frauds...He had been in fights with the accused...and he was in trouble with the law because of his work.

             "I'm not in trouble guvnor; I'm doin' my job...Please Sir, I love the law...I want to do my job...Please!", Chambers whined.

               "Don't do anything foolish Sir...The law won't allow cheaters who commit fraud", the Judge said, as he banged down his gavel in the Court of London.

                And, after he paid £1, Charles smiled at his Lawyer, Donald French, and left Court without a conviction...and he was able to continue debunking ghosts again.

Chambers watched for any sign of ghosts. He was agitated. He wanted to see anyone coming towards the Bridge.

                Suddenly he saw a girl giggling.

                  She had long, brown colored hair, black colored eyes, and wore a red colored dress. Her feet was levitating off the ground...and it was stabbing herself in the chest with blood stained knife. Another spirit girl grabbed a nose gripped it tightly in its ghostly hands...

                   ...And it wore the same red colored dress.

                   Chambers screamed in terror.

                    "Round and round the rope goes; round and round it goes...Tighten it up till the blood flows; tighten up till the blood flows; tighten...and tighten...and tighten...till you choke", the second girl spoked...and made a choking sound...

                   ...The same sound of choking that killed her five years' before.

Page 6