Angry Mob

Artemis heard what Reinhard whispered. Of course he would, he had sharp ears. He heard whatever the people were saying even outside of the city, even he could hear the birds chirping in the Uncharted forest. Most of his systems were now back on duty but some are still rebooting like his speed is still less than 100,000km/s, his speed needs to be fully recovered then he'll get his full speed back. But thanks to the energy he was given when he was attacked by purification mages, he was ever more powerful and his speed is over approximately 150,000km/s more but still not fully recovered yet.

He could travel the whole continent just a few seconds but the reason he won't using any of his overpowered upgrades is because... well... entertainment or, you know...

...his VERY lazy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The executions proceeded as planned. The rest of the nobles were brought onto the platform and the crowd would cheer on their inevitable deaths. Some of the noble swore brave enough to scold the people, one of which named himself, 'Sir Melromarc,'

However, Artemis was annoyed with his continuous scolding of the peasantry.

He literally gave Artemis no attention even though he walked in front of him and stared at him directly. The noble was smug, too smug.

But Artemis smiled. He took a liking with the noble's smugness and decided to exploit it.

He had all the nobles lined up and Sir Melromarc was placed at the very end of the line. On the opposite end, the execution started via an axe to the nape of their necks.

A dull axe.

The nobles screamed and the people cheered after each hack and each growl that came out of the dying nobles.

As the dull axe drew nearer, the smug Sir Melromarc began a barrage of insults that he hurled at the peasantry and the soldiers that stood alongside them.

Artemis sensed their patience running thin and they would very much want to kill him with his own hands.

His insults became more and more trigger happy until some of the peasants began jumping over the fence with the sole goal of pulling out his vocal chords.

Artemis had the guards hold them back.

Just as Sir Melromarc turn came, the crowds roared in excitement.

"Kill him! Kill him!" They shouted. The other guards with spears began pounding the ground in unison with their spears in tune with the chants of the peasantry.

But Artemis raised his hand just as the executioner was about to strike.

Reinhard shouted for the executioner to halt.

The crowds went silent.

"Remove his chains and put him in the middle of the platform," Artemis said.

Reinhard and Jord walked up to Melromarc and unchained him. He tried to fight but was immediately subdued by Jord. They then dragged him across the platform to where Artemis wanted him to be.

The dead bodies of his fellow nobles formed a large pool of blood that that dripped through the cracks of the platform's wooden floor.