287-289

Chapter 287 - "I am warning you. Put my mom on the phone in the next 3 seconds or else..." (1)

Fang JunRong continued to wandered around the venue in the afternoon. Then she heard some news – Su QinMei had departed abruptly in the afternoon and she did not look happy when she left. The saffron and the "chicken treasure" that she had brought with her today were no ordinary item and many would like to buy them from her. As such, many looked for her in the afternoon. Su QinMei had turned them all done. In addition, she seemed to have rushed out of the venue as though she was being chased by ghosts.

Any one with half a brain could tell that she was very ambitious when she arrived. As such, many started to speculate why she departed so abruptly.

Was she worried that she would confront her again? She didn't seem the fragile type. Fang JunRong thought Su QinMei's skin would be so thick by now that she was practically bullet proof.

Fang JunRong found out the real reason of Su QinMei's department shortly afterward and directly from President Jia no less.

When President Jia approached them in the afternoon, he hrumphed at Chu Zuo as though he looked down on him.

"Just say what you have in mind and stop with those stupid gestures."

Jia Hongyuan shook his head back and forth and said, "Lao Chu, you need to work on your people-reading skill. You help people out because of your past relationships with them but that doesn't mean that what you do for them are appreciated." Pausing a little, he said to Fang JunRong, "Xiao Fang, I am not talking about you. Unlike her, you are a good child."

Fang JunRong, who was already 42, felt very speechless when being called a child. Nevertheless, considering that Jia Hongyuan was much older than her, she was, doubtless, a child in his eyes. Looking at President Jia and President Chu, she felt that the way these two got along with each other was quite interesting. They were like old kids. An outsider could easily mistake their bantering as them being hostile toward each other.

"Hmm, the girl from the Su family came to me this afternoon and specifically badmouthed the two of you in front of me to butter me up. What kind of a person did she think I am? We might not be close with each other but that was no reason for her to badmouth you."

Jia Hongyuan went on and on and told them everything, including that part that he scolded her so much that it almost brought her to tears.

"That was why she left in such a hurry. She must have felt shameful in front of the others. And you, you need to read people better in the future and stop raising white-eyed wolves." Someone who possessed his own set of principles and also good at reading people like him should, doubtless, be the next president of the Chamber of Commerce of Medicinal Herbs. Lao Chu should just accept the role as his right-hand man.

Chu Zuo was a little distressed from that. Frowning, he said, "She was a very good child when she was young. What had happened to her?"

Finally, he added, "Was it the fengshui at the Zhang family?" That was the typical way of seeing things. If a child had turned bad, naturally, they were influenced by someone else.

Fang JunRong frowned slightly. Su QinMei had taken the Su QinYing's identity. Anything malicious acts of hers would count toward Su QinYing and ruined the reputation of Jiang WenYu's birth mother. She needed to find a way to reveal her true identity. She wondered whether Su QinMei was so fearlessly because it was not her own reputation on the line.

First of all, neither the Zhang family nor the Su family would voluntarily expose the truth. Once it was exposed, there would be damages done to both families' reputations. Su QinMei's brother was obviously on Su QinMei's side. She wouldn't buy that that the real brother could not tell his two sisters apart. And Old Mr. Su, the only one who would be on Su QinYing's side, had already deceased.