✵ eleven ✵

Wednesday hadn't been that bad, and I knew it was because I had gone in later than normal, but Thursday had been annoying. The models working were overly needy. I knew it was in my job description to make them happy, but they were close to being downright rude to me. Sure, I had dealt with models that hadn't been kind to me in the past, but this had been something completely different.

Tucking my hair behind my ear, I felt like today was pretty pointless. There wasn't much for me to do, and I knew it was because Friday's were used to try and catch up or sort the work that hasn't been completed during the week. Usually, Mrs. Woods was booked with finishing up things people hadn't quite completed, but this week was a little different. By the time it hit noon, she was finished with just about everything, and I was surprised by that entirely.

"So, darling, do you have plans for lunch?"

"I don't, why?"

"We should have lunch together," she told me. "Come on, it would be fun!"

Nodding, I grabbed my things, Mrs. Woods making a call downstairs before she had her things collected. The two of us rode in the elevator together, and I watched as she fixed her makeup. She used her phone, making sure that her makeup hadn't smudged in any places. Once we reached the ground floor, she had also reapplied lipstick, the two of us making our way outside. I said hello to Samuel, and he waved to both of us, Mrs. Woods and I getting into the company car. Someone was in the front seat, leaving the two of us to get buckled in the back seat. I watched as she texted someone, leaving me to check my own phone. Normally, there were just messages from my group chat with the boys, but there was a message from Oliver, my cheeks burning suddenly as I opened my phone to check the message.

Oliver: Hey! Do u want to go to dinner tonight? I can pick u up around seven if that works?

Sure! That sounds good. Are we going somewhere fancy?

Oliver: We can go wherever u would like

Um, I don't know. I've been in a skirt all day, so somewhere I could wear jeans would be amazing

Oliver: Haha ok, sure

Oliver: I have a great place in mind, Finley. See u tonight!

See you tonight (:

When I glanced over at Mrs. Woods, she was staring at me, raising her eyebrows as a small smirk graced her features. I could tell she wanted me to spill, and I felt very flustered at the idea of telling her that I was going to be going on a date tonight. She was someone who wouldn't let up if she didn't get what she wanted, and while that was great for her job, it might not have been that great in this sense. After all, I was usually embarrassed when it came to men in general, especially since I hadn't exactly tried the whole dating scene for a while.

"What?"

"You know exactly what," she grinned. "Spill. Tell me everything."

I was hesitant. After all, Mrs. Woods could occasionally get carried away with her excitement. But, I also knew it was because we had gotten rather close over the last year and a half. She knew a lot of my personal stuff and I knew a lot of hers. It was only right that we each got excited over things for one another. However, considering that I wasn't sure how this was going to go, I was definitely indecisive about how much I should tell her.

"Uh, I kind of might see someone tonight," I timidly told her.

"That's great! Are they nice? Do you know how old they are?"