✵ fourteen ✵

When I got home from class, I heard chatter coming from inside the apartment. Not that the guys weren't usually loud, but they were definitely louder than normal. I unlocked the front door, heading inside to see all of them playing video games. Shutting the door carefully behind me, I locked it, about to set my things down when I noticed a familiar man walking out from the kitchen, a glass of water in his hand. He was wearing the same clothes he had earlier today, his eyes finding mine easily.

"Neonata."

"What are you doing here?" I asked quickly.

It was clear that he liked how uncomfortable I was to see him in my space. There was a smirk on his face, green eyes full of mischief. I found myself feeling overtly nervous, especially after what had taken place between the two of us earlier in the day.

"I came to drop off your dress. Your friends are cool," he told me, walking closer to me instead of making his way toward my friends. "Are you going to get drunk tonight, Amato?"

"I-I don't know. If I have to put up with you, probably."

He chuckled softly, shrugging his shoulders. I could see that he wanted to tell me something, but refrained after glancing over his shoulder at my friends, Harry leading me over to the table across the room. He grabbed the white box, silver ribbon wrapped into a bow on top. I could just tell that whatever was inside was going to be expensive, and already I felt like this was such a bad idea. He sipped his drink, watching me over the rim of the glass before swallowing his sip.

"It's one of a kind," he began. "They had four people working on it this afternoon just for you."

"How much was the—?"

"You're not paying me for it. This is at least ten thousand, so no. I refuse to let you pay for it."

"But I can't take—"

"You're doing me a huge favor by coming to this event. I owe you a whole lot. Anyway, I'll be back around seven-thirty. You have an hour and a half."

Nodding, I watched as Harry called a goodbye to my friends, sipping his drink once more before setting the glass down on the table. The three boys all waved after him, their attention only on me briefly prior to them turning their attention back to the game. It took about a minute to follow Harry to the door. The curly-haired model turned around once he was outside of my apartment, his eyes clearly searching my face before he shook his head.

"Seven-thirty," he stated. "Not a moment later."

"Seven-thirty," I agreed.

Harry nodded, turning on his heel and heading for the elevator. I was quick to shut the door, locking it after. I stayed there for a few moments, trying to regain what little composure I felt I had after the interaction with him. Once I felt that I had gotten most of myself back, I turned around, facing the three boys. They all were staring right at me, and I could tell they had paused their game, clearly waiting for an explanation.

"That's the Italian guy you were talking about the other day?" Louis asked.

"Yes."

"He bought you an expensive, hand-made dress?" Niall questioned.

"I guess so."

"And you're going out with him tonight?" Liam asked.

"I am, yes. But it's for work, and—"

"That's not for work," Liam stated.

"Yeah," Louis agreed. "If it was for work, the company would have bought you something to wear, not him. What about Oliver? I thought you liked him?"