Sloth Chapter 3: Coming together

Rigel led Subaru and Ram out of the hospital and started to lead them deeper into the city, wanting to check something out first.

'Damn it Halibel-sensai...I wished that you would accompany me with these two. Now it's going to be weird...'

Rigel thought of this before they went deeper into the city, heading towards the fastest path towards his home.

During their walk, Subaru looked at his surroundings to see that Banan looked rather peaceful compared to the stories he heard.

("Hoshin was Banan's sunset.")

("'Hoshin was Banan's sunset' is a saying based on the tale of how the legendary trader, Hoshin, brought the small nation of Banan to ruin.")

He remembered that phrase told to him by Garfiel Tinsel and the tale behind that phrase from Otto Suwen both in the same failed loop back in the Sanctuary.

'If what was told to me was true, considering the saying meaning to either surrender or prepare for an all-out attack, then why is the place that originated the saying be...well different.'

With this in his mind, he was still caught off guard that the city of Banan he presumed that the place would be a death trap for any newcomers like Ram and himself would be extremely peaceful.

As this was on his mind for a bit, he did look to see that a lot of the people around him were wearing much nicer clothing than him specifically. Even Rigel with the coat and hood he's wearing was still rather decent compared to him.

'Hm...I probably should change out of these clothes...'

Subaru turned towards Rigel's direction to ask him:

"Is it okay for me to get some clothes? I completely feel out of place."

"That's a first." Ram said which annoyed Subaru to a small degree.

Rigel turned towards Subaru's direction for the briefest of moments before looking forwards, annoyed at the situation he found himself in.

"Anyway, think you can help with that?"

"Why should I?" Rigel responded like a rebellious teenager.

"Okay, I shouldn't have to remind you that Halibel basically said that—"

"I know what he said! I don't need to be reminded da—umbass."

"Language!" Subaru said with his arms crossed, a bit annoyed at the way the kid was speaking to him. This just reminded him of when Garfiel hated him, though it wasn't to this degree where he was just throwing childish insults.

Ram looked with a blank facial expression though he was slowly getting annoyed by the way Rigel was acting.

Had this childish and misguided anger be directed towards her...the boy would not be getting away with any mercy.

The moment turned into a slightly tense silence with Subaru still annoyed by the way he looked compared to everyone else around him.

"Okay, is there any other solutions we can use for my attire problem?"

"You can wait until we get to my place. There should be something there that'll fit you." Rigel responded with a slightly aggressive tone.

Subaru would want to correct this but seeing that this boy has some kind of temper, he doesn't want to push his luck. He remained silent as he decided to just pay close attention to the structure of the city.

"Hey Ram." Subaru whispered. "If I recall, the city of Banan went downhill because of Hoshin, didn't it?"

"Hm?" Ram looked at him with a curious look. Subaru noticed this which caused him to continue to speak: