Chapter Twenty Two

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

MICAH BLEU

Weston's warm fingers brush over my bare back as we watch a movie on my laptop, we were both facing in the direction of the screen as Weston brought goosebumps to my skin. One of the best things in a relationship definitely was the back tickles, it was the perfect end to a mild Saturday night.

He presses his hand flat to my back. "Hey," he catches my attention as I look over my shoulder. "I think I forgot to say."

"Forgot to say what?" I question as I look between his dark eyes.

Slowly, he pushes himself up from my bed and smiles. "So you remember that position you applied for before?" He tells me and I nod instantly. "Well we are opening a new position for a logistics analyst manager, up there with Theo."

My eyebrows raise. "Really?"

"Really." He states simply. "And I think you have to apply for it."

"Would I be involved with the pitches more?"

Weston hums instantly. "We want to hire a few more people in your team, so you'd manage them alongside Theo. Be involved with the pitches and have a lot more meetings than you do right now."

"Well..." I trail off. "That's if I even get it."

"Micah, this is made perfectly for you. It's the right progression for your role and no one else in the company suits it better than you do." Weston explains himself confidently.

The corners of my lips twitch up at his tone. "Well I'm glad you think so. You didn't just make this posting for me did you?" I raise my eyebrow in suspicion.

He recoils his head and scrunches up his face like he was offended. "Of course not," he shakes his head. "Like I said, we want to hire more people within your team, we need more managerial roles to balance it out. Theo can't handle everyone."

"That's true," I sigh out. "They'd eat Theo alive."

"Too right," Weston snorts from his nose quietly. "On Monday, please apply."

"I will," I nod once.

"Good," he smiles as he moves his hand to my back again. His eyes began to droop slightly.

"You want to go to sleep?" I ask.

Weston hums which didn't really give me an answer.

"I'll take that as a yes," I say with a soft smile as I lean over to the laptop to pause the movie, then close the lid and place it down onto the floor.

I pull back the duvet and allow Weston to get under it as he places his head down onto the pillow, closing his eyes instantly. My lips wear a permanent smile as I look down at him, turning off my lamp and then scooting over to him.

"Goodnight," I whisper to him as I tuck myself into his chest.

Weston releases a satisfied sigh and wraps his arms around me loosely. "Goodnight my love."

My eyes flutter closed for a moment as I listen to the quiet beating of Weston's heart, it was comforting and make me feel warm inside.

But I couldn't sleep, I wasn't even tired. I sigh silently and open my eyes to look up at my broken blinds that were allowing the street lighting to flood into my room.

Time ticked by and my eyelids refused to get heavy. Weston had shuffled away to face the window which I didn't mind, I faced the other way and picked up my phone. Almost blinding myself with how bright the screen was.