Chapter thirty-seven

"I can't see anything wrong," Elwin said as he scanned her entire body for injuries.

Sophie was lying in her bed, she felt completely fine, though her legs were super sore from riding Silveny.

When Elwin and Mr. Forkle burst through her front door, everyone decided that until it was decided that nothing was wrong with her, she was not allowed to do anything by herself.

That meant that Tam was forced to 'do his job' and carry her up the stairs and into her room.

"I'm fine, honestly," she had protested.

"We'll see about that," Elwin said.

Even Grady didn't object to having a boy, and not a bad-looking one at that, carry her up the stairs. Though he did shoot Tam a nasty looking glare.

Fast forward to now, where she was right by the way, but everyone still wouldn't let her get up from bed.

"I promise you, I am completely fine other than the fact that I cut my wrists when I was escaping."

"Miss Foster," Mr. Forkle said. "Tell us what happened while you were captured. I cannot believe that you were there for two and a half weeks and the Neverseen did nothing to injure you."

Sophie shuddered. Standing in the room was Elwin, Mr. Forkle, Grady and Edaline, along with Tam, Keefe, and her new bodyguard, Sandor.

The Vackers had went home, much to Fitz and Bianas disliking, but they promised to visit tomorrow.Linh and Marella got called in for an assignment, something to do with fire and water, Sophie guessed. Dex got stuck with the triplets because his parents called in to work another shift at their jobs. Keefe was only still there because he refused to leave until he knew that Sophie was completely fine. And Tam was back to being her stalker. Sophie wondered how Grady felt about that.

Sophie analyzed the crowd and decided to downplay what happened as much as possible but did not lie. Completely.
"Well they took me into their base and dropped me off in the med bay. I closed my eyes cause I thought they were going to cut me open, but instead I think they healed my legs with this gross massaging pulp thing. Then the guy injected a sedative into my neck, it stung a little bit, but it was fine." It was not fine. "Then I got taken to a stage and a person shot me with an electricity thing, but that didn't hurt too bad either. Then I was taken to a room and injected with another sedative and whenever I woke up they would give me another one. But the last time I woke up, they didn't come in time so I turned invisible and left." Sophie gave them a smile.

"That's it?" Mr. Forkle asked, narrowing his eyes.

Sophie nodded.

"Well, I'm going to do some more tests, you guys wait downstairs. I'll tell you the results," Elwin shooed them away, it took some convincing to get Sandor to stand guard outside of her room. Apparently he took his job very seriously.

Elwin took a seat at the end of her bed. "That wasn't the whole story was it? They did more than that?"

Sophie nodded.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Sophie shook her head.

"Okay."

Elwin grabbed a weird looking device out of his bag and began scanning Sophie with it.

"What is that?" She asked.

"An X-ray." He told her simply.

When he finished scanning her, he looked at his tiny device and his eyebrows creased with worry.

"What's wrong?"

Elwin handed her a bunch of elixirs and told her to drink them.

"I'll tell you later, I don't want to worry you. You need a good nights sleep."

"Not telling me will only worry me more," Sophie pointed out.

The friendly physician sighed. "Your cells are...damaged." He showed her the screen on his X-ray. She could see every one of her cells on the little thing, must be really high-tech. But sure enough, each cell had a tiny split in it. Elwin zoomed out so she could see her whole body. Right inside her left arm there was a huge gash, like her muscles split open. "Sophie," he hesitated, "I don't know what's going on. I can heal your cells with the elixirs I gave you. But I have no clue what happened in your arm. I will find something to close up the gash, but for now, all I can do is try to make sure it doesn't get bigger."

Sophie's mind raced.

Elwin wrapped her arm, telling her she couldn't use it until he knew what was going on. Sophie downed the elixirs he gave her. "Thank you, Elwin," she said to him as he turned to leave.

"No problem," the physician gave her a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. "Anything for my favourite patient."

A few minutes later everyone but Mr. Forkle burst into her room. "Elwin told us what happened, he said your cells were damaged." Grady said.

"Yeah, but he can fix it. The injections must have done something." Elwin must have not told them about the internal gash. She silently thanked him for that. Her parents did not need more to worry about.

"What's up with the sling?" Keefe asked, pointing to her arm.

"It's just another sprain, but I'm okay," she lied quickly.

Keefe's narrowed his eyes, but said nothing. "Well I should get going, my dad said he wants me home soon. Not that he cares much." He said the last part in a whisper, but Sophie heard it.

She looked at him with concern, but Keefe just flashed a smirk and left. "I'll see you later Foster!"

Her parents gave her kiss and told her to get some rest. Sandor checked her room for any possible intruders, once he gave her the all clear, he took his post outside of her room.

Tam was the last to leave. "I'll be outside your window if you need me." He gave her a small wave and left, closing the door behind him.

Not until then did Sophie realize how disgusting she felt. She hadn't showered in two weeks. She was sweaty and grimy, why did her friends even touch her while she smelt this bad.

Sophie got out of bed and took a long hot shower. Her bones relaxed as she wiped away the dirt caked on her skin. After her shower she brushed her rats nest of hair, put it up in a messy bun, brushed her teeth, changed into her Pj's and laid in bed. It was about five pm when she got out of the bathroom, but she didn't care. She was going to bed.

Then she realized that she had taken off her sling when she had showered and had no clue how to put it back on.

It would be fine right? One night wouldn't hurt too bad?

Sophie closed her eyes, and just as she had expected, sleep refused to comfort her. Hours and hours went by but sleep wouldn't come, despite how exhausted her body was.

She looked at her clock, 12:30 am. Sophie groaned and threw off her blankets in exasperation.

That was her first mistake.

A/N

1216 words!
I've had so much fun getting back into writing. New ideas keep popping into my head. Cant wait to right them all for you!

😄♥️😈-kayTam87