Chapter 17

Taila POV

My legs took their own pace, having no thought, completely blanked out. 

All I could hear was the faint murmurs. Suddenly people became like obstacles as I was slowly looking around like people were judging me.

"You deserve this to happen to you."

I shook the thoughts but they kept on reoccurring. My breath ran short and I felt quite dizzy, reaching to a wall to calm my breath I counted to five in my head.

"Taila."

I didn't need to turn around to know whose husky deep Italian voice it was.

I knew he had questions, it's not like me to just walk out after your childhood trauma is back in reality. I'm meant to put on the facade of being a badass, that's what is expected of me instead I ran like a coward. Even after several years and he still haunts me.

The only issue is I'm not ready to answer anything right now. Because I, myself have questions like is this the Vincenzo that is related to Alonzo? If so then did Alonzo know and is that why he is working with me to track me down and tell this to his half-devil brother?

Hence why keeping your heart guarded is the safest option, you really don't know people's true intentions. 

I felt a little tap on my shoulder and looking a little behind a little frown occurred on Alonzo's face. It wasn't a sign of pity but more of...worry?

So I just replied with, "home." And immediately he nodded not making any conversation which I was grateful for.

***

"I can take it from here," I managed to gain some strength telling Lonzo to leave as I just want to be by myself.

"Mia cara, are you sure you can be on your own with the... current state you are in?" He carefully said, choosing the right words.

I nodded, "If I need anything I will call you."

He hesitated for a moment, "I mean it, if I don't hear anything in the next 24 hours I will come and break the door down." And I could tell me meant every word.

I walked into my building and closed the door without giving a second glance to Alonzo.

Then I slid to against the door and broke down in tears.

I don't know what is wrong with me, but seeing him brought back so many unwanted memories.

I forced myself to be someone who I am not, the mobster, working with mafia organisations, all so I could distract myself from my reality however this isn't who I am. 

I am a miserable person who will never be able to live the life she desires because she isn't able to overcome her past which will forever haunt her.

Suddenly I heard a glass being shattered and I halted in my movements.

Someone was in my house.

Give me a break.

"I'm in no mood for games so let's just settle this maturely." I took the gun from the side of the cabinet and crept near the sound, wiping away the leftover tears.

"Come on now, don't be a fucking pussy I don't have time," I exclaim looking around to see if anyone was near.

Okay then, hard way it is.

Before I could make any further movements, I suddenly went into a headlock which made me drop my gun.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, " A man who sounded like he was in his mid-40s.

I jolted my head upwards which made in contact with his chin, which made him lose his balance slightly and was enough for me to be free and run for my gun however, large men from each corner started to appear and made large strides towards me.

"If I was you I would make a smart decision, if you take that gun I wouldn't hesitate to order my men to put a bullet in your skull," he said with a smirk as I slowly looked up at him.

He had slight grey hair mixed with black which resembled his beard, his hair was more long falling quite to his forehead, wearing a grey suit with tattoos crawling out of him.

Ugh, why do the bad guys have to look hot for?

"Since when do you think I would listen to you?" I retorted back.

"Since you care about your life I presume?"

I don't know if I started laughing like a manic because of that comment he just made or because I'm too tired to actually give a fuck.

"Hand me the gun and I would happily shoot myself, I have nothing to live for." And I meant it.

That wasn't the answer he expected as his eyes widened leaving him a bit stunned.

"An emotional, damaged woman that is single and isn't afraid of death? Boss is going to like you." He muttered dryly.

All over a sudden, I ended up trapped by tall men all around and a sudden prick of a sharp needle went through my skin.

This fucking bitch drugged me.

"Goodnight, little one we got a long journey ahead."

I tried to answer but my mouth felt like the Sahara desert, my skin became hot and my eyes started to blur.

The last thing I saw was a man bending down smirking at me before I kissed the floor goodnight.

***

hey y'all x 

sorry, it's not the longest update but I just wanted to give y'all sumn.

THANK YOU BTW FOR 8K I LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOU ALL X

happy new yrs btw, can't believe I'm going uni in a few months, let's just pray my a-levels to go to plan *nervous emoji*

QOTD- what's your new year's resolution?

mine is to stay healthy.

adios for now <3

WORD COUNT- 922