𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

—- A YEAR LATER 🌃

—- A YEAR LATER 🌃

Song for this fanfic —- All I need : lyold

——

A year had passed, Jungwon and I only got closer to each other as the days went by. Both of our hearts were filled by love.

I was close to becoming Miss Yang Hyerim, because he proposed to me. That's right, I was marrying Yang Jungwon.

And I couldn't be happier about it.

—— it was currently 2 am

I was at the library studying for a test, I got the librarian to accept me staying at the library over the closing time. Since she likes me a lot.

I haven't been to the library during a time because of my heavy schedule. Street racing, tests, going out, taking care of Hewon. Though now she also has Jangmi.

I held up the envelope up and chuckled as I looked at the librarian. It was my wedding invitation, she's been there for me many times. Feeding me in the library, giving me money for a bus back home when it rained and I didn't have an umbrella, she was like my second grandmother.

My wedding wouldn't be whole without her. I ambled towards her desk and slid this under her hand. "Huh? Hyerim-ah what is this?" She looked up curiously.

"Ahjumma, this is my wedding invitation. I'm getting married to him, the one you liked. Yang Jungwon."

I saw her face lit up when she heard his name, "Really?! I'm so happy, you're marrying my best friend's grandson. He's always been a good boy, I wish you two the best and I will definitely come."

"Huh? You know Jungwon's grandmother?? She's your best friend too?" I asked amazed, she only chuckled.

"She would always come to the library, to spy on the cute boy she liked at school because he came to the library all the time. But she didn't know that boy was my brother."

"Oh my god! That mean's Jungwon's grandfather is your brother??!?!"

"Indeed, and I paired the two up. I approached her and eventually we got close and my brother liked her as well."

"That's amazing, I would have never known you were related to Yang Jungwon. I'll be happy to see you there, take care!"

"Wait dear, it's raining outside. Do you need a bus fair?" She tilted her head, waiting for a response.

I shook my head, "I brought my umbrella today, it's warm outside too I think I'll take a nice walk in the rain."

"Alright then, be careful dear! See you soon." She waved goodbye. I stepped out the door of the building and opened my umbrella.

It's been so long since I've walked in the rain at midnight from leaving the library. I was walking to a familiar street, the shortcut way home.

Right as the light turned green, the sound of screeching was hard. The car...it was him...it was hurdling towards me but I know he won't lose control so I stood there.

Right away he slowed the breaks and rolled down the windows, "how come you didn't run out of the way?"

"I knew you wouldn't."

"Hey Rim, do you get Deja Vu?" He grinned, and I really did. I remember this moment clearer than any memory I treasured in my head.

"The first time we met, you nearly crashed into me on the road." I chuckled, "this very road." I added.

"Do you see the city lights Hyerim? They're brighter tonight than any other, it was fate." He stepped out of the car, letting himself get soaked with droplets of rain.

"It was, wasn't it?" I put the umbrella over our heads, in which Jungwon cupped my jaw.

"I love you Rim." he whispered before pressing his lips down on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, letting the umbrella plummet to the ground and soaking my body in the rain before pulling him closer to me.

" I love you too Won. "  i whispered in between the moment we shared, this was our story.

The story of Park Hyerim and Yang Jungwon.

—— CITY LIGHTS. 💌

JANGMI'S CHARACTER. If you are a C-drama fan, Jangmi played the roll of Daoming Zhuang from Meteor Garden. The older sister of Daoming Si.

That's something you'd notice from her character. :)

——

Thank you all who have been here with me since October and supported this book. It's the book I've took the longest to write other than Skyfall. Thank you for being patient, without the motivation I don't think i would've finished this.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

- flickerhoon.