50. HOLD ME TIGHT

As Jeongguk commanded to let him go, the pilot who had been holding his arms immediately released his grip and stepped away from him

As Jeongguk commanded to let him go, the pilot who had been holding his arms immediately released his grip and stepped away from him. Taehyung quickly adjusted his leather jacket, but for a moment did not look away from the gaze of the chocolate irises of the man standing in front of him. The young CEO was staring at him as well, as if he too was unable to break this strangely intimate moment. They weren't alone, but that didn't matter in the slightest. Everything around seemed unimportant, as if only the two of them were aboard a private jet.

"Mr. Jeon, should I call security?" The pilot asked, but the brunet quickly denied with his head, stopping him.

"No," he replied confidently. "We can go now. I already have everything I need..."

At the sound of his words, Kim's heart pounded twice as fast, yet the tattoo artist remained silent, reluctant to reveal the power the young CEO still was holding over him. As they both waited for the jet's crew to leave them alone, Taehyung stole those few seconds to inspect the man, who was now only three paces away. He noticed immediately that the brunet was wearing his hoodie. He didn't know why the boy decided to put it on. Honestly, he was not even aware that Jeongguk had taken it away from his apartment. He didn't know why he had done it, and he didn't want to put too much emphasis on it, lest he accidentally kindle his hope for something that would never come. Perhaps the boy only had nothing warmer with him and, for lack of other options, took one of his sweatshirts.

His hair wasn't as smoothly combed as it used to be. Even though the short-cut, unruly wisps fell over his dark eyes, still closely following his every move. The boy didn't look as tired today as he did yesterday when he saw him at Kinky Heaven, but he could have sworn his left cheek was a little more pink and there was a thin pink line under his eye that looked like a scratch. For a moment he wondered what might have caused this mark might have appeared on his face, but he quickly shifted his gaze to his dark irises, as if he wanted to read from them if he had done right that he had decided to appear here. He was still unsure of his decision, but he knew that the worst he could do was to think "What if..." for the rest of his life.

"I was afraid you wouldn't come," Jeongguk finally confessed.

"I went to drive Jae to my mom in the morning, and then had to go back to my apartment to get my things. I took a taxi because I didn't want to leave my car somewhere along the way, but on the way it turned out that there was a terrible traffic jam. Finally, I got out of the taxi and covered the last distance on foot. I don't think I've run so fast in my life," the tattoo artist explained, snorting softly under his breath as he recalled what had happened a moment ago. "I knew that I would not be able to make it in time and I thought that when I got there... you would be gone..." he finished, verbalizing his greatest fears.

When he got out of the taxi and ran past cars stuck in a traffic jam, he was almost sure he would not make it in time. There were only a dozen or so minutes to twelve, and he had a long distance to go. In addition, he had never been to this airport before and did not even know where to go. His heart was beating so hard he thought he was going to spit it out along with his lungs, but he couldn't stop.