Chapter 14 - Day Off

The Next Morning..

" mommy wake up " I heard and felt small fingers poking my face

" here mommy " was said and I slowly opened my eyes to see Serenity giving me my phone

" what is it? " I asked sitting up.

I turned on my phone and while it loaded I stared into space.

" mommy " I heard Serenity say and I looked at her.

" I see you're in the phase where you call me 24/7 " I said and she just looked at me.

I grabbed my phone and unlocked it and went straight to the messages.

From Henry, Sarah, Stephanie, and Diana..

Basically Henry told me he wouldn't be here until this morning, Sarah was texting me about me not going back there, Stephanie was telling me there was no school and Diana told me she had to get on the first flight back home.

" Well today we're going to be checking emails, going grocery shopping, and I have a few conference calls " I said to Serenity.

" Eggs, fruit and sausage it is.. " I said picking her up and we made our way to the kitchen.

< the kitchen >

<>

After the food was finished and cooled down I gave it to her and she instantly started eating.

I fixed her some apple juice and sat it on her high chair before sitting down next to her.

" here " she said handing me a piece of her fruit.

" no you keep it " I said giving her a smile and she put it in her mouth.

I scrolled through Instagram and liked a bunch of post.

I want to make Serenity a Instagram account but I don't know..

<>

After we finished eating we went upstairs and I gave her a bath first.