Chapter 13

A fist had almost neared my face. It belonged to Bryce who didn't hesitate to raise his hand on me just because I didn't want to take him and his cheating ass back. I didn't care whether he was drunk or his mouth reeked of several drugs but when he raised his hand to struck my face, I jumped back in complete fear.

My heart thumped several times. My breathing became uneven. I opened my mouth, gasping for air. A minute passed, Bryce was stopped before he could bruise my face. The air changed, silence fell between us. It took a second for my vision to recover and for the tears blurring my sight to fall loose over my cheeks.

Adjusting myself, I turned to find King standing behind me. His tall, unimaginable height hovering over my little frame. The veins in his arm throbbed as he held Bryce's hand, stopping him, saving me.

"Didn't mommy teach you any manners?" King looked straight at him. His sudden presence made every nerve in my body tremble. How was he here?

The door behind was thrust open and the cold wind gushed inside the house. It had been a few minutes since I saw King leave the street in his car. How was he here? The question remained unanswered and I cared less about it. He was here, saving me from Bryce and that was all that mattered.

"Who the fuck are you?" Bryce blurted out as he tugged his hand away from his tight grip. His face flushed red in fright and he took a step back from me. His eyes soon landed over mine. "Who is he? What is he doing here?"

I didn't answer.

I felt the need not to.

King moved forward, his dominating aura setting fear in my heart and Bryce's. His hand turned into a fist and it flung through the air before landing over my ex-boyfriend's face. No one saw it coming.

Not me.

My mouth stretched wide open and I slapped my hand over my lips to contain my gasp.

"Don't fucking touch her again." King roared, roared.

Bryce fell on the floor after the impact of the fist. Surprised, he peeled his eyes open and gawked at me while a thin lace of blood slipped down from his nose and onto his mouth. He placed his hand over his face. A large flesh of his cheek had turned red and it surely was going to leave a terrible bruise.

I didn't care much.

He had a lot of audacity to walk into my house, grabbing me and begging me to take him back when it was over.

Really?

I didn't step in nor was bothered to help my ex-boyfriend off the floor. He had ruined a perfect night for me.

Grunting and groaning in pain, he found strength and pushed himself off the floor while I neared King in fear. It was usual for Bryce to get drunk and high before laying the wrong hands on me. It had happened several times, I ignored it as I was too lost in my own world then.

But tonight, I was happy, for the first time and he had ruined it all.

"Wow, Eos," He slammed a hand over the flooring of my kitchen and stood up. He cleared his throat and brushed the dust off his shirt before his hands came colliding together and he began clapping. "I didn't expect this out of you. Already whoring yourself out to other men? It has barely been a month. Where did the promises and swears of your love disappear?" He questioned, clearly gaslighting me.

I stood behind King's shoulder and only peeked at him when I found him trying to near me once again.

"Oh, don't be scared of me. You enjoyed when I was like this." His hands moved in the air.