Chapter 16

I knew I was going to see him.

King.

It was one of the reasons I came to the town hall. He was a significant figure in the town and he had to be here. Last night was a complete mess. None of it was supposed to happen. I tried to ignore thinking about Bryce and his sudden appearance at my house but I couldn't.

Everything was going fine—the date was perfect, the man was perfect until I came home and found Bryce.

Things had seemed awkward since then. I was afraid to reach out to King or even text him after everything he had seen and done last night. I was scared of what he would think about me—that my ex was still hung up on me? Or worse. Who knew?

"Well, I'm going to my sisters. After last night, I need a little soul cleansing myself." Aunt Carol said as she stepped inside the town hall. She clutched her bag to her shoulder and peeped around to find her girlfriends.

The place was packed with a hundred people moving around, whispering, gossiping, and talking to one and another.

"It's not a church." I reminded her.

She laughed in response, "I know. I'm just joking. Catch up later?"

"Of course." I waved my hand to her as she walked away.

Right as she went, I walked further inside the town hall, searching for that which only my eyes sought for. I tried to suppress my bumble of feelings but I couldn't. They were there and they wanted to be free. Holding my phone tight in my hand, I moved around, floating like others did while my head moved everywhere.

Before I knew it, King was found and he waved at me before approaching.

"How are you, Eos?" He asked, placing his hand on the side of my shoulder.

My stomach tied up in a thousand knots and the bile in my throat took a while to disappear. "I—I'm good. Thank you for last night. I don't know what I would've done if you weren't there so thank you so much." I quickly said before licking my lips.

"Please, don't thank me ever again, not for something as that." I could see King's face turning red in anger again. Last night, I had seen a different sight of him. "Tell me, how was your sleep? Did you sleep well?" He questioned with concern.

"Yes, yes." I nodded and then smiled.

The longer the silence remained between us, the darker my cheeks turned. I felt blood flushing all over my face, turning me into a tomato that had no control.

"I didn't expect you would be here." King Emerson said, offering me a glass of wine.

"I don't usually come, just sometimes. Though, my Aunt tries to drag me every time!" I replied, directing my finger at her who was found with a group of women. I could hear them chatting and gossiping from afar.

Just adult things.

"That's your Aunt?" King asked.

"Yes, that's her. She's been taking care of me for a very long time. I love her with all my heart." My heart throbbed. I had barely been ever thankful for Aunt Carol and all the sacrifices she made for me.

"Oh, that's beautiful!" He smiled back. "Is it just you and your Aunt?"

"Yes," I nodded. "Just me and her."

The town hall was fairly large, I had visited it a few times and every time it was crowded. It was vast and could take in a few hundred more people but only adults were allowed. Children were off-limits. Anyone could come in anytime. There were events that had taken place so I knew it from inch to inch—every additional room, balconies, parking's, almost everything.

I remained beside King and took a small stroll in the hall itself.

"There is not much about your family. Why is that?" I questioned King out of curiosity. According to Aunt Carol, his family disappeared seven years ago and since then, no one had seen them.

"I find it better to separate myself from my family." He answered, lowly, not giving much.

I didn't ask more.

We stepped into an empty room, away from the crowd. Silence fell between us. I held the glass of wine tighter as King closed the door behind me. When he turned around, I found a storm of something gush across his eyes before stepped toward me and flattened his palm against my cheek.

"I have been dying to do this." He whispered before slamming his lips against mine.

I dropped the glass onto the table and wrapped my arms around his neck almost immediately. He pushed his tongue effortlessly into my mouth. Something swelled within me. I grabbed him tighter by his shirt and pulled him deeper. All those feelings returned. Our tongues probed against each other, tasting, licking, desiring more.

His hands ran through my body, fingers brushed over my curves before he grabbed my hips and rammed me to the wall.

In need, I moaned against his mouth and closed my eyes tight, enjoying every little second of this.

It felt right.

It felt great.

King pushed his leg between mine, his flesh rubbing against mine, awakening my arousal. I grew hot and frustrated immediately. The kiss deepened as he drew my lower lip between his teeth and pulled hard till a satisfying moan slipped off my throat.

As the kiss broke, I pulled him back, desperately and kissed him again. My muscles bunched and my insides knotted, all together, I was weakened under the kiss. The control King had over me was different and I wanted to feel more of it.

I couldn't stop imaging him, taking me, raw and stroking inside me, repeatedly, till I begged for him to stop. The image had been in my head since last night, since the date had ended and it grew more every time I got closer to him.

I had never felt the sex to get fucked but tonight, I did.

He grabbed my hair and tightened his fingers around my locks while I pulled away. Looking into his eyes, I begged, "You need to take me. I can't hold it in anymore and I know you can't either."

And so he listened.

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr