Saving Him

...

"Dad! Can you please read me the legend of the moon goddess! Mommy used to love telling it!"-A sleepy but still wide awake child said sitting on his bed.

His father chuckled and sat besides him, no book on his hand, as he now knew the story by heart.-"It was you mommy's favourite! You are so much like her my little pup."

The child giggled shyly hiding under the sheets.-"She was pretty I'm not pretty!"

The alpha man started tricking the child.-"You're the prettiest omega I've ever seen! Look at you! You little minx!"

"Dad!!! Stop Haha! Ah!"-The child laughed loudly filling the room with glee.

"Now! I'll tell you the story, and you'll be off to bed!"-The alpha said sliding under the covers with his little son.

"The legend of the sun and the moon, the divider and the coupler."-He began with his lower voice, as much as an alpha could lower his.

The little pup, loved the lower voice of the storied he told. So he listened carefully although he already knew the story.

"There once was a time, when heaven was a big place and there lived the souls of thousands, before they where put to earth. Even your little soul...The souls lived in couples and in perfect harmony. They used to be inseparable! They where bounded to love and need each other like light needed the dark, like creation needed devastation, like bad need the good."-He started the story as he played with his sons hair.

"What if one died?"-The little pup asked worried.

"No one can die in heaven pup."-He said kissing the top of his head.-"But the peace didn't last long, and one day, the sun goddess, or also known as the divider, had a fight with the moon goddess. He told her that the only beauty she had was the light he gave her. And the moon, which now was in pain and sadness, cursed him to never be able to see his beautiful light ever again, and the only time he could see it would be over her reflection."

The pup gasped although he knew this would happen as he already knew the story.

"The sun, now blinded by the curse, to not be able to see his own beauty, got angry, and dived all the moon goddess children. The souls now wandered away helplessly trying to find their soulmates, but they weren't lucky. The moon, saddened by the sun's curse cried tears of rivers, that flooded the earth beneath heaven. She begged the higher power to bring her children to earth, where she would couple them once more...so the Lunar children could live under the light of her beauty given by the sun, Who now, sees the moon as the mirror of his beauty, the beauty that he now would never be able to see again."

He stopped for a while than continued.

"Even nowadays, the sun only sees his full reflection on a full moon. And once a year on a full moon, the goddess cries again for her unmated children that she couldn't couple."-He said ending the story.

"Me my pup, found my mate when I was young. I saw you mum, playing in a field of dandelions, I remember her jumping over me scared that I'd harm her. She held me pinned to the ground with her small arms. I than knew, that she was the one, and she knew too. Her scent was the bestest compared to any of the dandelions or flowers around me, she was the prettiest butterfly on the field of thousands. She had the bluest eyes, like they where ripped parts of the sky, sewn into her silky face. I didn't comply as she held me pinned, thinking she had been able to catch me and hold me down. And since we where too young, we became friends right away firstly. Until my first Lunar moon as a leader."-The alpha remembered nostalgic, a silver tear playing on his lids.