Chapter 28

Today was gonna be a very long day.

This was probably the first really bad day I've ever had for years. I didn't like it one bit.

I can still remember the look on my mom's face. It was filled with anger and disappointment; you could see how livid she was. I couldn't blame her though. It must be a huge shock to her, especially since I was her only daughter and for years she's fantasized about me marrying the man of my dreams.

I never understood how hard it was to come out until now. The fear within you, afraid that you won't be accepted by your family. I never really understood it until now. I finally realized why people had a hard time coming out of the closet.

Getting kicked out of the house was the last thing I wanted to happen. It was going okay with my dad, but as I expected, my mom wouldn't accept me like how my dad did. Though what I didn't expect was this. I couldn't believe that my mom can do such things like this. It broke my heart into pieces because I thought that she loved me much more and that no matter who or what gender I loved, nothing would change that.

Being angry is scary. You can hurt someone with your words and it can leave a mark. Also, you'll regret saying those things once you're not mad anymore. What mom said to me, will definitely leave a mark. A big hole in my heart.

As we got to Lia's house, I went straight to the bathroom. Stripping all my clothes off and hopping inside the shower made me clear my mind somehow. I love taking a shower because it's one of the times I can think clearly. The hot water dripping on my skin definitely soothed me. But it wasn't enough to distract me from all the things that had happened today and I don't know what to do anymore.

My eyes burned and tears started to escape. As much as I wanted for them to stop falling, I didn't have the strength to do so. My tears got washed down along with the water, making it seem like I wasn't even crying at all.

Soft knocks appeared on the door, making me inhale through my blocked nose, not even bothering to wipe the tears.

"Yes?" I said weakly, pushing my hair back to clear my view.

"Are you okay?" A soft voice asked carefully.

"I'm fine, Lia." I forced my voice out, but it cracked.

"May I come in?"

At first, I was battling myself if whether I should let her in or not. I wasn't in the mood to say no. She already saw my body before, so I kept quiet and didn't answer.

And her knowing me, she took that as a yes and the door creaked, opening slowly. One of the things that she knows about me is that, when I don't answer, it means yes. Silence literally means yes when it comes to me.

I closed my eyes so I wouldn't see her coming in. I was a bit embarrassed for her to see my fragile, bare self. I was vulnerable and I hated it when someone sees this side of me.

I felt weak.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that,"

"It's okay, Yeji. I'm happy that I was there for you,"

"I didn't expect that my mom would kick me out of the house. I saw her eyes filled with pain and anger. I didn't want to be the reason for it."

A pair of arms were wrapped around my bare waist, my back was pressed against her chest. She pushed my damped hair on the left side and rested her chin on my shoulder. This is what I love about Lia.