12. On the Counter

Bokuto took a deep breath, turning in his sleep a bit. His alarm was going off and he needed to turn off the noise.

Something moved in his arms and he startled, looking down. The person in his arms moved into his arms more and whined.

"Oh, oh relax." Bokuto turned off his alarm. "Shhhh, shhhh."

Akaashi relaxed completely again and leaned his weight back into Bokuto. Bokuto smiled down at him. He ran his fingers through Akaashi's hair and Akaashi hummed.

"You waking up?"

Akaashi was still quiet and his eyes stayed closed. He was a heavy sleeper. That was sweet. Bokuto eased him onto the bed and got up, changing in silence. He made pancakes and they were a bit nicer than normal. This morning felt weirdly calm and soft. Even the sunlight wasn't harsh as he opened the curtains in his room.

He leaned by the bed. "Kashi? Hey sunshine, time to wake up. I made pancakes. You like pancakes?"

Akaashi whined, covering his eyes.

"Not a morning person? That's okay." Bokuto poked him. "But I do have pancakes so..."

"Cakes?" Akaashi sleepily asked.

"Oh yes Kashi, cakes." Bokuto leaned closer and eased the blankets down. "Do you need a moment?"

Akaashi shook his head and yawned. "It's okay..."

"Alright. Here we go." He handed over a plate stacked with pancakes and syrup. "They're sweet."

Akaashi blinked hard a few times. "Mm..." He laughed quietly.

"What is it?"

"Thank you."

"You're still asleep, aren't you? Or at least half asleep?"

"I like syrup." Akaashi picked up his fork and started to eat.

Bokuto ate, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Lunch stuff is in the fridge. I'll write everything down. Also I need to go shopping. Wanna come?"

"Mm sure."

"You enjoying the pancakes?"

"I am. They're very good." Akaashi looked up and squinted. "Can you grab my glasses from my bag please?"

"Mhmm." Bokuto got up and got his glasses. Akaashi put them on and relaxed a bit. He finished eating and went to the kitchen to put his plate in the sink with Bokuto. "I gotta go now, but the apartment is yours for now. If you need to shower go ahead and do so. I have extra soap and hair stuff under the sink."

Akaashi nodded. "Thank you."

"No problem! See you in a bit!" Bokuto left the apartment and Akaashi went back to Bokuto's room. He gathered his clothing for the day and walked into the bathroom. He opened the area under the sink and stared. So much soap.

He picked out body wash and managed to find shampoo and conditioner rather than the two in one that rested in the tub.

He turned on the water and stood there for a moment. He was warm under the water and the soap he had found smelled amazing. Kind of like watermelons. The shampoo and conditioner both smelled of mint and the scents clashed nicely.

He got dried off and dressed again before simply getting back in bed. Bokuto's bed was soft and his blankets were heavy. Akaashi took out his phone and scrolled through social media, tired.

Maybe the day before had exhausted him a bit. It would make sense accounting for the rough sex he was exposing himself to. The constant moving of his body and the rough way he was thrown around and hit made his body sore. The pain made his exhaustion worse and he was really never able to rest on his own stiff mattress.