Tendou Satori - The Clouds Above Us

AU: Soulmate AU - You can feel each other's emotions

Requested

Tags/ Warnings: GN! Reader, established relationship, literally no plot, descriptions of sadness, Tendou might seem ooc....I think, dialogue heavy....because my writing skills have gone down the drain

Word Count: 1.3K

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

The sky was a collage; a mix of a bright orange and a dull purple, haloing around clouds like the iris of an eye. Tree branches divided the sky into sections like cracks in glass.

You laid on the grass, witnessing the changes of the sky but even the beautiful sight did nothing to change the numbness in your body, the physical weight you felt just by staring blankly above you.

The echoes of your mother's voice rang in your head, playing over and over again like a broken record.

"Tendou has been coming over more often."

"Is that a problem?" you asked.

"No, of course not. It's just...doesn't he have volleyball practice? Is you being with him interfering with that?"

"I don't know," you whispered.

You closed your eyes.

With the softness in your mother's voice, you knew that she didn't mean it maliciously, but those words were enough to make you doubt your relationship with Satori.

Were you taking up too much of his time? Did he miss practice to be with you? Were your late night dates, the times where you'd sneak out to meet him, mean that he couldn't give it all during his practice and game? Did he even realize that he was doing it?

Why did you let these little things bother you? Why couldn't they just go over your head?

Only you and Satori knew what was best for your relationship. You shouldn't care about what other people say about it.

But you did.

Why else were you lying in a park just before the sun sets, bathing yourself in self-pity after a two-second conversation?

You opened your eyes. The clouds had moved and the colours were different, but the cracks still remained in the sky.

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Tendou let a ball go past his block as he felt a soul-crushing rush of sadness go through him.

He landed on his butt with a thud. Tendou looked up and saw Ushijima, his lips were pressed in a thin line and his eyebrows furrowed, showing the slightest hint of worry. Silently, Ushijima held out a hand underneath the net.