Chapter 16

Low and behold, battle is over.

Now time for the aftermath, ngl I was tempted to end the story right there and then but I'm like, nahhh we can end the story with a bittersweet ending later.

Not edited.

-

The number of incidents resolved and the hero board of Japan has been tallied and aggregated, twice per year the rankings of heroes on active duty were announced.

Best Jeanist was sadly, unable to have a nice talk with All for One.

All Might retires (happily and tiredly), before going to principal Nezu as requested.

Midnight and Mt. Lady shook hands and agreed that if men keeps whining like babies, they smack then with a shoe.

Ragdoll retires but not before spray painting a wall (legally) that cursed All for One in her very own language that only her hero team will understand.

Aizawa gets his daughter back.

Kamui woods got his well deserved coffee.

Edgeshot was pissed at the author for not much screentime.

Gran Torino... he went to get taiyaki.

The rest? Well, they gave their reports and continued to help civilians rebuild their homes, donating money, searching for places where they can get a job.

Which leads to now.

(Y/n) was staring up at the violet, blue sky. Her hair gently waved in the breeze as she heard people chatting in the background.

Beside her lay a crumpled body covered with a white blanket, his hand ice cold yet warm and nostalgic to hold.

The stars twinkled above her and she closed her eyes, enjoying the silence and wished that even for the slightest moment.

She could just be with them.

Footsteps appeared behind her and something was placed into her hands as Aizawa patted her head.

"We found this tape with your name on it in the remains of what was destroyed, the people we trust destroyed all DNA and body parts just as you wished." He explained and (Y/n) gave a slight hum, rolling the cold metal around in her palm before opening her eyes.

"I'll send what I remember of the files in the lab to you later."

Aizawa jolted and stared before nodding.

"Take your time kiddo."

The pro hero left her to her own devices and she lifted the tape up, examining it before getting up.

Well, she had a video to watch.

Brushing off the dust and rubbles, (Y/n) picked up the katana and frowned slightly. The edge was practically chipped like Inosuke's sword and well, there's just this large chunk missing.

Well, for keepsake it is.

Glancing down, she took a step back and bowed a bow lower then 90 degrees.

Then the finally retired demon slayer turned around and left, the wind rustling behind her and Giyuu's body faded to dust as the first sunlight hit.

A bell ringed in the distance.

~~~

As she slid the tape into it's position, the (h/c) haired girl sat into a comfortable position and waited as it set to work.