part 17

"Hey stop!" Ryujin hear someone say. She didn't pay attention because she thought it was for someone else until someone grabs her arm.

Ryujin turns around to see a girl out of breath smiling at her.

"Do I know you?" Ryujin asks.

"You're my soulmate!" The girl accidentally shouts. 

Ryujin steps back frowning, "Im sorry? What?"

"You're my soulmate. You're the girl I see in my dreams! I can't believe I finally found you" She says with so much enthusiasm.

"A–are you sure?" Ryujin stutters.

Ryujin is caught off guard. She's not sure how she feels. She really thought maybe Yeji would be her soulmate or maybe she just really wanted Yeji to be her soulmate but now reality is hitting her and she's not sure if she likes it. She knows she promised her older sister to back off from Yeji but the older girl just captivates her that she couldn't resist.

Ryujin is deep in thought leaving the girl in front of her confuse but she doesn't care. Being with Yeji just became an impossible dream and she's not sure if she's ready to let go of that dream.

"Are you okay?" The girl asks Ryujin.

Ryujin shakes her head, "Yeah, I'm just surprise that's all. How are you sure I'm your soulmate?"

"I can tell you things that I've seen in my dreams. You're artistic, you like photography, you like that cat from Alice in the wonderland and other things" The girl proudly say.

Ryujin should be happy her soulmate is in front of her but all she could think about is Yeji. Was the connection she felt between them not real? Was it just physical attraction? But it can't be since Ryujin never really thought about her in that way. It's always been her kindness, silliness, and caring that she thought of.

"You'll find out once you turn 21 next year" the girl says causing Ryujin to give her a weird look.

"How do you know I'm not 21? And how do you know my birthday is next year? My 21st birthday could have been later this year since were only halfway through the year? I've never heard of a dream actually showing their soulmates birthday."

"Well you clearly don't know what your soulmate looks like yet so I figured you're not 21 yet and for the the birthday. It's just something I said. I just assumed your birthday is next year" The girl gives Ryujin a warm smile.

"Okay?" Ryujin says feeling unsure.

"Look, I can tell you're not sure about this. I can wait until your 21st birthday but I figured why wait when we can be together now. If you want to wait then we can at least still get to know each other" The girl suggest.

Ryujin nods. She feels she has no choice but to accept it. Since they soulmates, whats the point of pushing it back.

"I have to go though, here's my number" Ryujin says then handed a business card to the girl.

Ryujin is about to leave then remembers something, "Wait, I didn't catch your name?"

"Heejin. Jeon Heejin" the girl smiles.

"Nice to meet you Heejin. I'm Ryujin" She says before walking into the building.

------

The next day after Ryujin told Yeji about her soulmate...

Ryujin isn't sure if what she saw was right. She thought she saw sadness in Yeji's eyes after finding out Ryujin has found her soulmate.

Ryujin can't understand why her heart is hurting. Shouldn't she be happy that she has her soulmate already? She messes her hair because she feels so frustrated.

She goes to look for Yeji to see if she's okay but she couldn't find her. She couldn't find her sister either. Where is everyone? She thought to herself. Instead, she goes to her dad's office.

She knocks on the door to make sure he wasn't with someone in the room. She hears her dad say come in so that's what she did.

"You okay sweetie? You don't really come see me here at work" her dad ask.

"Dad, do you have time for me to ask you some questions about soulmates or do you have a meeting coming up?" Ryujin asks first because she knows her dad is pretty busy.

"I have some time until my next meeting. Why? Are you excited to see your soulmate?"

"A girl approached me yesterday claiming they're my soulmate but why don't I feel happy?" Ryujin asks in a sad tone.

"How did you feel when you met Yuna's mom?" She ask without letting her dad answer her first question.

"Words can't describe how I felt but it wasn't a negative feeling. When you look into each other's eyes, you just feel it. That you two were meant to be together" he explains.

"But what about my mom? You loved her didn't you?"

"I did. I fell in love with her so much that it became unhealthy."

"But if we have soulmates then how can we fall in love with other people? Then whats the point of all of this? We should just be able to pick who we want to be with" Ryujin chokes out.

Mr. Shin stands up to sit next to Ryujin, "Do you perhaps like someone else so you're not happy to find your soulmate?"

"I'm confused, Dad. I know we can't get away from our soulmates. Relationships between non soulmates are bound to end sooner or later. Look at you and mom" Ryujin finally cries.

"Soulmates are our other half. They complement us. Balance us. I don't know why we fall in love with other people when we have soulmates in the end. Maybe it's part of life for us to appreciate what's about to come. You don't have to do anything until you turn 21 and see for yourself who really is your soulmate" Mr. Shin explains.

"But she knew stuff about me dad and I've never met this girl. How can she know those stuff if she's not my soulmate?"

"Time will tell. Unfortunately, sometimes in love, there will be pain but know that your family is here with you okay?"

Ryujin cries even harder.

Mr. Shin holds his daughter while she cries her heart out.