13. Champi

"Kya soch rahi ho", Sidharth asked changed in his t-shirt and a decent pair of lowers, she loves the way he looks in these comfortable shorts but hates the way he shows off his glamour in those shorts when outside the home, her husband a sight to watch like some hot actor on which everyone could drool upon even though he wasn't one, and she was glad that he carried lowers this time, he plopped beside her on the bed and hugged her tightly engulfing her in his arms.

"Kuch nhi", she shrugged and got up in a sitting position such that he was hugging her stomach and her back rested against the bed. He was suffering from a headache from the time they landed here in Amritsar, the way he pressed his head every now and then even in the flight too, how he didn't slept for even a minute she could feel it coming owing to everything that happened in the day but yet he planned this beautiful surprise just for her knowing how in love was she with Shri Harmandir Sahab, she always felt at peace here and every new beginning of her life starts with this place, be it her birthdays, her career as an actress or her marriage, this place has been her safe place, the place that gives her sukoon, although she hates silence but the silence here is well needed for her to calm her heart.
She knows he doesn't believe in the existence of God at such places, no he wasn't an atheist for sure, they conducted puja at their home back in Mumbai too but he believes in the creater and not the way she believes in God, and actually hates to visit something of this sort, but today his step just proved that he cares for every minute detail for her happiness, 4 years of marriage and it's the second time she is here with him, the first one was on the next day of her marriage as she wanted to visit the place before stepping in her new life. They have flown all the way from Mumbai to Amritsar with her chacha chachi Ananya and Adi. That memory still holds a very special place in her heart. She was adamant for no reason she knew but her husband never fussed over it even if they didn't knew each other as they know now.

She patted his hand that rested against her stomach and he was quick to remove them yet had no plan to move away from that place.

" So jaa sweetheart, I am tired, it's 5 in the morning, ek ghante baad phir uthna hai na " He spoke closing his eyes but the way he pressed his temples she wasn't liking it.
She got up from the bed and he frowned.

" Shehnaaz " he spoke missing her warmth the next instant and his heart countered him saying,

"And how do you think would you be able to live back there in Boston without her warmth beside you for a whole freaking year".
"It was my dream to go there from the past 7 years " His brain countered and he sighed, this war between his heart and Mind was exhausting for him and this headache just worsened the situation.

" Just a second " She replied and called the reception making him frown

" Yeah can you please send a hot coffee in room XXX, without sugar, yes thank you"

" Shehnaaz there was no need, hume sona bhi hai baba, coffee piyunga toh neend kaise aayegi" Sidharth asked.
" Chup rahiye aap, Sir fat raha hai aapka pata nhi kahan chale gaye the, aur aise aadhi raat ko achanak yahan aa gaye, tabiyat kharab thi toh ghar par reh sakte the, Ek cup coffee tabhi le leni chaiye thi aapko, Ek toh ye aapki coffee peene ki aadat matlab raat ko 12 baje coffee na mile toh bande ka sar dukhna hi hai" She kept on ranting and he saw her with an amused look.

He got up from the bed and switched on the lights and she looked at him with those puppy eyes that he just couldn't stop himself from pulling her to him carefully enough to not give her a jerk and took her lips in his own devouring them with all his love.....
Love.... No it wasn't love and definitely not just lust, but deep down he knew it's the same feeling the world called LOVE but he was just not ready to accept it out loud, why to give it words though, what he feels for her is something beyond those three words and he preferred keeping it the same way, he wasn't afraid to confess his dependency on her but was just sceptical to let it show out owing to the fact he still has a portion of his heart struck there.