Five

The rest of the evening went by quickly as I helped Sean on his rounds. I was happy to learn about the famous Dr. Green that dad talks about all the time. Even if it's to say how he has a childlike excitement to him.

He's a cheeky and happy man. Determined to make every patient feel a little bit better about their situations.

We visited the babies ward and helped the nurses there for a little bit. Cooing and playing with their small frail bodies. It was incredibly adorable seeing Sean smiling down at the cute little bundles and softly wiggling their little toes.

I almost feel bad when at the end of our shift we go back to his office and I remember my prank there.

He walks inside and immediately spots the pie. His eyes widening in excitement and he practically prances to his desk to dig in.

I keep the smile at bay. This is going to be great. I didn't think I would get the front row seat of this moment! I figured I'd have to hack into the cameras in his office that his family put in.

Sean picks up the fork and cuts a bite sized peice from the middle of the pie. My lips part in shocked outrage. Now I definitely don't feel bad about the Prank. Who eats a pie like that? Very disturbing. He must be a psychopath.

I watch amused, as he pauses it at his lips, glancing at me, as if remembering my presence.

"Would you like some Apple pie Mrs. Green?" He gives me a lopsided smile.

I quickly shake my head in denial and walk to the chair in front of his desk and plop down. 

He looks dissapointed but shrugs and pops the bite into his mouth with a happy hum. He chews exactly six times before a frown tips his lips and his eyebrows rise in horror. His eyes have started watering and he quickly spits the bite out back into the dish.

I push down the laughter as he wipes his tounge aggressively with a napkin and takes a hurried drink of water. Then he looks back down at the pie with sadness and irritation.

"What's wrong Dr. Green?"

He shakes his head and looks back up to me with watery eyes and a pout on his luscious pink lips.

"Luke must have- my pie is RUINED! How could he!? Who could destroy such a amazing and delicious delicacy like this!?"

Uh oh. He seems mad.

He shoves his hand into his coat pocket and pulls out his purple cased phone. Hitting a few buttons before putting it on the desk as he stares forlornly at the destroyed pie in front of him.

The phone rings loudly on speaker until a familiar voice answers.

"What's up Doc!?"

I think my lips at the sound of Luke's voice. I can't believe they're part of a team! How didn't I connect this sooner!?

"Oh nothing much Luke. I thought we made a deal!?"

My eyes widen at Sean's harsh words. He really takes his pies seriously.

"Uh... what do you mean? What are you talking about?" Luke's cheerful voice turns confused and hesitant.

Sean rolls his eyes and glares at the phone in hurt. "Why would you be so cruel and make me a apple pie so horrible and salty?" His frown grows as he asks.

I raise my brows. A little amused at this and a little guilty that Luke is getting in trouble by my prank.

"W-Sean, we did have a deal. I told you I would never prank anything to do with your pies. Expecially since I wouldn't want someone messing with my cupcakes. Plus I've been with Gabriel and Kota all day. It wasn't me." Sean nods at his words.