Entite Chapter 19

Chapter: 19

"Shit." James' eyes opened when he heard somebody curse. He sat up groggily and looked around. "Oh thank god." His eyes turned to the front seat. Seamus was sitting on his knees backwards in the front passenger seat of Jacob's car. That's when his mind started to work again and he remembered what had happened.

"Mira?" He looked around, the two were alone in the vehicle.

"She's okay, I managed to get her inside a moment ago. I kept a finger on her pulse the whole way here, it's stable."

"Where are uncle and Jacob?" Seamus moved to the side a little and James was able to see the sunlight shining in the front window of the car, they were parked backwards.

"When we got here it was only minutes before dawn. Master Fenton and Master Jacob went inside to pay for the rooms and left me up to the task of trying to figure out how to get the two of you inside. With my shoulder I was barely able to carry her in. There was no way in hell I was getting your giant ass out of this car."

James nodded and opened the door. He took a slow breath then stood, and nearly fell right back down into the seat. His left leg wasn't broken anymore he didn't think, but it still hurt like hell and didn't want to support his weight. His head wasn't doing much better. It was nowhere as bad as Mira's but his brain had definitely had a good shake.

He forced himself forward toward the open door. He had to see her for himself. Feel her pulse for himself. He practically collapsed on the far bed beside her and took her wrist. There it was, strong and beautiful beneath his fingers. Then he noticed those fingers were covered in blood.

He looked up in time to see luggage practically flying through the open doorway. Seamus stepped in a moment later, closing the door before falling down onto the other bed. That's when James noticed all the blood caking his face and staining his shirt.

"How bad are you hurt?" He asked with concern, he and Mira would heal. By this time tomorrow she would be back to normal, or that's what he kept trying to tell himself. He was worried about the brain damage, both from the head wound and the lack of blood. Seamus on the other hand wouldn't be as lucky. He turned his head towards him but didn't get up.

"I'm fine, just the shoulder and a few cuts and bruises."

"All that blood from a few cuts?" He sat up and looked in the mirror over the sink in the corner.

"Shit, I hadn't known it was that bad. It's just a cut here." He said pointing above his eyebrow. "It's stopped bleeding now though." He stood with a groan and sat at a table in the corner. "Better not get any blood on the beds if we can help it. Mira's is dried I think."

He turned back to her and placed his hand on the side of her head and turned it slightly to see if she was staining the white pillow under her head with blood. She wasn't, but the feeling of her still misshapen skull made him gag. He pulled away taking slow deep breaths.

What the hell was going on? First the shootout, then the two cars trying to run them off the road on the same night. How did this fit into Gaston's games? These were just flat-out murder attempts.

"What the hell is going on?" He said aloud, it was a rhetorical question. Seamus shook his head and put it in his hand.

"I seriously wish I knew, go on and get a shower and change, I'll watch her." He nodded and stood, he grabbed up his duffle bag out of the pile in the corner and stepped into the tiny bathroom. He sat on the toilet as he removed his clothing, when he was done he just threw the ruined clothes away in the trash.