Chapter 22

Korra walked out the building finding Jenny waiting for her down the steps. "Korra" she heard a familiar voice call her from behind her. She turned around finding a taller woman "Asami? What are you doing her-" Korra was cut off by a tight hug

"I'm so sorry" Asami whispered. Korra was caught off guard, then she saw Opal and her family come out the building, Korra put two and two together. Asami saw everything. Korra hugged Asami back "it's ok Asami"

Korra pulled away from the hug "I'll see you around turbo" she smiled and walked down the stairs. Opal walked with Asami to the parking lot. The taller girl saw how Korra opened the door for Jenny to her car. But she really didn't think much of it.

Asami got in Opal's car "I can't believe that happened to Korra" Opal sighed as she started the car. Asami couldn't get the video off her head, she was emotional, her closest friend went through something this tragic.

"That Korra girl is going to sue the station" Huan said "grandma is not too worried about it, even though she knows she's going to lose the case if it happens"

"I don't know what grandma is going to do" Wei sighed

———

"Why didn't you tell your parents?" Jenny asked the driver.

Korra sighed "because I know Zaheer will kill the man, then P'li would think I need therapy and Ming-hua would think it's time to move again"

"Why are you saying their first names? You normally say dad and mom" Jenny noticed

"Because... I found out my birth parents are still alive" Korra said sadly. "And it feels weird to call them mom and dad when they're not my parents now" She confessed "I mean yes they're my parents it's just I found out the real truth, but part of me feels like Zaheer didn't tell me everything...can we change the subject?"

"Fine, I saw your girlfriend at the trial, she's pretty, definitely your type" Jenny said as she watched Korra

"1. Her name's Asami
2. She's not my girlfriend
And 3. I don't have a type" Korra said count up to 3 with her fingers having her sight never leave the street.

"Ok well Asami is very beautiful, she seems to care a lot about you" Jenny said to the driver. "Do you like her?"

"I mean yeah, she's a good frien-"

"I mean like her like her" Jenny interrupted

"Jen you know I can't, besides what about us?"

"Korra you know I'm not your girlfriend, I'm just someone you're interested in" Jenny pointed out "and you can, nothing is stopping you, not even Zaheer" she said hearing the girl sigh, "the party's tomorrow, you should go, I'm pretty sure Asami's going to be there."

"I can't go, even if I wanted to, I'm grounded, remember?" Korra made a point

"Sneak out dummy"

"Yeah I'd rather not" Korra chuckled "I'm going to have to think about it but I know I'm not going" Korra said "besides I remember saying I'll go if you do"

"Korra I wasn't invited"

"Hey I'm allowed to bring a plus one" Korra insisted

"Fine, but you're wearing green and picking me up" Jenny crossed her arms but Korra smiled "deal"

After Korra dropped Jenny off at her place and said their goodbyes, Korra decided to text Asami.

Korra: busy?

Turbo: no, what's up?

Korra: can we talk?
               I'll pick you up

Turbo: yeah ofc, I'm still at Opal's