Chapter thirty-eight

Pain shot up Sophie's left arm and into the rest of her body. She shook as she restrained herself from screaming. It was as if the evil doctor had injected that horrible serum into her veins at the same time Gisela Sencen shot that electricity at her.

The pain was so excruciating that her vision blacked out and her ears popped as she clenched her jaw, she was not going to let Sandor barge into her room to see her like this.

The pain subsided and she heard a sound from her window. When her vision cleared, Sophie saw silver blue eyes scanning her worriedly.

"Tam?" She whispered.

"Sophie are you okay?" Sandor called from outside her door.

"Yes," she called back. "Just woke up. I'm going back to bed." She turned back to Tam. "What are you doing in here?"

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine. But you should leave, Grady will kill you if he knows you're in here."

Tam shrugged. "I've been doing this for three years."

"Three years?"

"Since we were fourteen.

Sophie suddenly she remembered her age. She was almost seventeen now.

"He still let you do it though?"

"Mr. Forkle convinced him." Tam settled down in the corner labeled 'Tams Corner' "Tell me what really happened."

Sophie knew what he was talking about.

"I won't tell anyone. Plus I already know everything about. If you can trust anyone, it's me." Tam's eyes were kind, not as piercing and threatening than they used to be.

Sophie suddenly felt the pressure of keeping everything to herself. It would crush her if she didn't tell anyone. And it was only Tam.

"Okay."

Sophie began to tell him everything that happened from the moment she was taken. Tam was now sitting beside her, re-wrapping her arm. But she could tell he was still listening. She told him about the creepy doctors injecting the painful serum into her veins.

She told him about how Gisela shot her with the electric bolt and how she was dragged into a room, restrained to a chair. By now Sophie was pacing her room while Tam just sat silently on her bed. She told him about every time she had woken up and immediately been drugged again.

Sophie even found herself telling him how she phased through her bonds and thought she was a ghost. Then came the hard part.

She paused, both to catch her breath and decide wether or not she should tell her friend the most upsetting news. Before her brain could decide, her legs ran to her dirty clothes and her hands grabbed a piece of paper from the pocket and handed it to Tam.

"I found this." She said, letting the picture explain everything.

"It was him?" Tam growled, so angrily that Sophie took a step back.

"Do you think we should tell them?" She asked.

"Not yet," Tam answered.

Sophie nodded and sat beside him.

It felt good to release everything she's been holding in. It was nice to have someone she felt she could trust, even if it was a practically emo scary stalker.

Tam pointed to her arm. "That isn't a sprain, is it?"

"No. I'm not sure what it is. Elwin is looking for a cure, or whatever, but he has no clue."