Chapter 30

{Art credit to @/UpTheHillArt
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/311874342943016852/ This photo is mentioned later in the chapter.}

It was now Valentine's Day, and Harry and Draco seemed to be more in love than ever. They found themselves increasingly relaxed as the days went by. Classes were cancelled in an effort to promote love, whether it be friendly inter-house love, or romantic love. There was a Valentine's Day dance that night, and everyone was in high spirits.

Harry had decided to help the rest of the 8th years with their Valentine's Day candy grams, and Draco was snickering quietly every time he came in contact with one that was filled out for Harry.

Not being one to just take it, Harry had devised a clever plan of his own. He filled out more candy grams than he could count for Draco, pretending that he was snickering with Draco's exaggerated reading of his notes. For privacy reasons, they would all be delivered to the dorms after breakfast.

The flames of the candles in the Great Hall were charmed in shades of red and pink, with hearts falling from the ceiling, in a manner similar to the snow that fell for Christmastime. It even put a small smile on Harry's face, who held hands with Draco underneath the table, their feet interlocked. Harry took pleasure in thinking incredibly cheesy things to Draco, just to watch his boyfriend try not to react.

Once breakfast was over, the group split up to send off their candy grams.

Draco was surprised to see that he had received so many candy grams himself. With a swish of his wand, he sorted them by sender, and rolled his eyes as he saw how many were from Harry alone. Sitting down on his bed, he decided to read those first. As he began reading, a fond smile appeared on his face.

"Are you the moon? Because even when it's dark you still seem to shine."

I never liked astronomy, but now I want to memorize all of the constellations in your eyes.

I think you might be a star, because I can't stop orbiting around you.

If I had a star for every time you brightened my day, I'd have a galaxy in my hand.

You must be the North Star, because the light around you guided me here.

You must be blue, because you're the hottest star around right now.

Your smile must be a black hole, nothing can escape its pull.

If a star fell for every time I thought of you, the sky would be empty.

I think we may have been transported to the surface of Mercury, because things became unbelievably hot when you walked into the room.

Are you a black hole? Because you keep pulling me in.

If an asteroid hit earth right now, you are the last thing I would ever want to see."

Draco teared up as these were all of the pickup lines that Harry had written down for him for his birthday. The mood however quickly changed, and Draco's face began to redden.

"Are you wearing space pants? Because your arse is out of this world."

This is what Harry had said to Draco when he was wearing his favorite pants.

"You're a black hole I'd willingly lose myself in.

Mind if my comet enters your solar system?"

As Draco continued to read, the pickup lines got raunchier and raunchier, and his face was hot by the time Harry appeared from where he had been watching him under the invisibility cloak.