Chapter 11 | Best Qualities

__

PETER PARKER

__

My phone dinged as I was trying to fix an old computer. I checked it to see it was from Mr Stark.

Come over to the tower when you can. Got some new suit stuff for you.

I grinned brightly and typed back my response, letting him know I would be right over. I grabbed my backpack and shoved my suit in there before quickly making my way to the tower. When I reached the lobby I walked straight into the elevator, where Friday greeted me and took me to the lab level. I walked through, searching for the lab that Mr Stark was in, before seeing him working away at something. I knocked on the door and he waved me in.

"Hey, kiddo," Mr Stark said. "How's it going?"

"I'm okay, Mr Stark," I said. "What about you?"

Mr Stark sighed and rubbed his right shoulder. It was the arm he'd used to snap, and it pained him every now and then. We were so lucky that he had survived that.

"As good as I can be," he said. "Also, I thought we'd gotten past the surname basis. I'm Tony to you."

I grinned widely. I'd only called him Tony once, but I was too scared to do it again. Tony showed me what he'd done to upgrade my suit, and we worked together to put it into my current suit.

"So, how's the love life going?" he asked after a few minutes. "Found your soulmate yet?"

I coughed awkwardly. Should I tell him? The thing was, though, that he lived with Y/n, and I wasn't quite sure how well that would go, considering Y/n's sister was a telepath.

"Um... yeah, I've met them," I said quietly.

Tony stopped working and stared at me in surprise.

"Who's the lucky girl?" he asked, taking off his glasses. "Or guy?"

"I - um... that is classified information, sir," I said.

Tony cocked his head at me and I sighed.

"It's not that I don't trust you Mr Stark - I mean Tony - but I haven't told her yet, and I want her to be the first one to find out," I said.

Also, her sister is a mind reader and I'm not sure if you could hide it from her, I thought afterwards.

Tony nodded thoughtfully.

"Makes sense," he said. "But don't let it wait forever. I know that Steve knew before Bucky did, but didn't get to tell him before... well, before he fell off a train and died, pretty much. Steve beat himself up about it a lot."

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened.

"Are you - are you saying my soulmate is going to die?!" I blurted.

Tony shook his head quickly.

"No, of course not, kid. Lemme finish," he said. "Anyways, after Bucky got back to being as mentally stable as he could be, Steve told him that they were soulmates, and that he'd known since the 40's, and Bucky didn't talk to him for a few weeks."

My eyes widened. Bucky and the captain weren't immediately together? There were so many theories that they'd been together in the 40's! Was my whole life a lie?

"But, you know, Bucky and Steve love each other, so Bucky forgave him, but Steve had to do something for him." Tony shuddered. "We don't want to know what it was."

My face crinkled in disgust as I thought about it. I almost started gagging at the thought.

"I need mind bleach," I muttered.

Tony looked at me with slight concern, but we continued working.

"Can I know the situation, at least?" Tony asked.

I shrugged. It wouldn't hurt to tell him.

"Well, she's - she's amazing, Mr Stark," I said, forgetting to call him Tony again. "She's really pretty, she's really nice... her smile is just... it's everything. And she watched Star Wars with me once. And - and... I don't know, I guess I'm just... not good enough for her."

Tony sighed and clapped me on the shoulder.

"Listen, kid. You're super nerdy, and super awkward," he said. I wasn't sure how this was going to help. "When I was your age, I was only one of those things. Look how I turned out."

My brows furrowed.

"Gee, thanks, Mr Stark," I muttered.

"If he's pissing you off, call him Mr Stank," a new voice said.

I turned to the doorway to see James Rhodes leaning against the doorway. He grinned at Tony and clapped me on the back in greeting.

"Okay, Pete, suit is done," Tony said, handing it back to me. "And Wanda made a cake. It's in the common floor, go grab yourself a slice if you want."

I smiled widely. Cake was awesome.

"Thanks, Mr Stark - I mean Tony! Bye!" I said, stuffing my suit into my bag and heading out.

I couldn't wait to fight some more crime with my upgraded suit. But first, cake.

two chapters bc i didnt upload one yesterday! hope u enjoyed my loves <3