13. Ear

"Kashi, do you like these?" Bokuto picked up a container of green grapes.

Akaashi nodded.

"Cool." Bokuto put them in his basket. "You said you liked spicy food, right?"

"Mhmm."

"Alright go pick out some down there I need new chopsticks. I broke my pair." Bokuto turned to the shelf in front of him.

Akaashi walked to the edge of the aisle and picked up two packages of the ramen. He put them in Bokuto's basket and stood by him.

"Do you need anything specific?"

"No, I'm okay."

Bokuto looked over. "Don't be a people pleaser towards me Kashi. Do you want anything?"

"Uh... not that I can think of."

"You sure?"

"Mhmm."

Bokuto hummed softly. He shifted slightly, blowing out slowly.

"Are you okay?"

"My stomach hurts a bit. Do you mind if I pick up some sanitary things?"

"I don't mind."

Bokuto nodded and walked over to the aisle. He quickly got his things and walked towards another aisle.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Mhmm. I usually cramp a few days before so don't worry."

Akaashi nodded and spotted some of his favorite chocolates. If he left them at Bokuto's home then he could have them while his cycle happened.

"You find something you like?"

"Chocolate?"

"Sure thing! Get what you'd like."

Akaashi picked up two packages and set them in the basket.

"Is that everything?"

"Mhmm."

"Cool." Bokuto bought everything and they went to Bokuto's apartment where everything was put away. He went around and made sure that things were okay before making them ramen.

Akaashi sat with him at the tiny dining table, glancing at him every once and a while. Bokuto did seem off though and he didn't really seem like he was happy anymore. "Kotarou?"

"Mhmm?"

"Does your stomach hurt still?"

"Yeah but my thing won't come until Tuesday. Maybe I shouldn't have picked spicy food."

"I'm sorry about that. Maybe some water will help a bit?"

Bokuto stood to get himself more water. He froze and his little smile dropped. He rushed to the bathroom and when he came back he wasn't talking or smiling at all.

"Kotarou? Is everything okay?"

"Because you were right."

"About your cycle?"

"Mhmm."

Akaashi sat up a bit. "What helps?"

"I have to push through it. There's nothing much I can do and ibuprofen doesn't completely get rid of the pain." Bokuto took a deep breath. "I can't use Midol either so it's gonna be weird."

Akaashi hummed. "If I can help, let me know."

"I will."

****

Akaashi turned over in bed as he felt shifting behind him. Bokuto was asleep and had been for some time but right now he was crying softly in his sleep, worrying Akaashi. He got closer and held Bokuto against his chest.

"Ko... shhhh, shhhh, shhhh. It's okay. Turn over just a bit."

Bokuto woke up a little and turned. "Hurts..."

"I know, I know. It's okay." Akaashi rubbed his lower back. Bokuto cried into his shirt, weeping softly.

"Can... Can you give me ibuprofen?"

"You took it not too long ago so I can't give it to you yet."

Bokuto started to cry harder. Akaashi hugged him tighter, rubbing his back and hair. He wondered if it was always this bad and kept holding Bokuto to see if the warmth helped. "Kashi?"

"Mm?"

"How does it feel to be an actual boy?"

"You are a boy though. Even though you may have a bit of a difference from a biological male, you are still male."

Bokuto clung to his shirt, going quiet.

"What is it?"

"Hurts more."

Akaashi kissed his hair. "It's going to be okay. Do you want to try some ways to try and get rid of it?"

Bokuto nodded. "How do you know though?"

"I'm bisexual Ko, I already told you this."

Bokuto nodded again. "Do I need to get up?"

"No, no. My finger is going to feel like it's gonna go in your ear for a second but it's just a little point on your outer ear." Bokuto shifted a bit and Akaashi placed his fingertip on Bokuto's outer ear and found a little muscle that he knew helped a lot of people. He pressed the point and moved his finger in tiny circles. "Tell me when it starts feeling better, okay?"

"Mkay." Bokuto sniffed, taking in a shaky breath.

Akaashi watched Bokuto's eyes in the dim light of the salt lamp. They didn't look so pained as he touched the pressure point and he smiled. "How does everything feel?"

"It's good," Bokuto whispered. He curled up closer to Akaashi and took deep breaths.

Bokuto's body seemed to relax as he felt the pain slowly disappear. "All better?"

"Much better."

"Good, good. I'm going to go to sleep now, okay?"

Bokuto nodded.

Akaashi just smiled down at him and held him close. Bokuto started to snore and he just laughed, relaxed.