Chapter 13

You manage to seek refuge as far away as possible, hoping that you wouldn't be found. Wick would find you easily... At least, that's what you think, he looked like a very smart and dangerous man, but you didn't want to hang hang around to find out.

'Where are we gonna go?'

You hear Sarah's voice over the rain, 'we can't stay here for too long', you say all the while you scanned the streets, 'he could show up any moment, we know too much... I know too much'.
You take at least half an hour before you're moving once again. You move further and further away from the hotel.

We have to get out of here!

Your eyes land on a house, it looked abandoned, guess it could do for the night, it was well away from the hotel so you could take refuge here.
You nudge Sarah to get her attention, 'I know it's too much but we'll have to spend the night-', she pushed past and rushed inside, you couldn't help but smile, it didn't matter about the conditions, as long as you were under a roof, everything will be fine. You follow Sarah inside and sigh in relief when you feel the rain stop hitting your face.

'Let's see if we can sleep upstairs, just in case someone comes in, they won't see us straight away'.

You quickly say, you were tired and so was Sarah, you had to relax otherwise you wouldn't be able to last any longer.

Of course upstairs, the beds didn't even look like beds, it was really just the metal frames that were there, but you managed to rip down some old curtains, 'it's the best we can do', you passed a curtain to Sarah, again she showed no care.

'Thank you'.

She quickly added.
You lie down not far from her and close your eyes, you're out like a light.