03

Today was the day, the day charlie would meet wilburs friends, his family, he was stressing, he needed to know that he had everything, and he wanted to know what all of his friends would think about his daughter that he had kept hidden from them for half a year.

He was frantically searching his house, listing things that they needed, and mentally ticking them once he realised that he had already packed them.

It was an evening flight so they would be in florida for 4am, wilbur and Phil had told everyone to meet at Gregs once they got to the airport so that they would have enough time to get through security and onto the plane.

Wilbur walked through the airport, pulling suitcases behind him, charlie sat on top of the wills shoulders, having the time of her life.

They stopped outside of gregs and he helped charlie down, wilbur waved over to his friends, who were already sat inside, charlie clutched to wilburs leg and hid behind him, her head popping out slightly to look where they were going.

They stopped at a table with five boys, wilbur sat down next to a tall blonde man, he looked like he was the oldest out of the seven that now sat there, charlie sat down imbetween wilbur and another boy with short brown hair, who seemed to have a massive smile on his face.

He looked down at charlie who had been handed a plain drawring pad and was scribbling onto the pages.

"Hi, you must be charlie, I'm toby, but you can call me tubbo if you want" he spoke softly, with a warm tone, so he didnt scare the small girl beside him, "h-hello" she stuttered quitely, looking up from her colouring, "what are you drawring, it looks really good" tubbo asked, genuinely interested on what the messy scribbles were meant to form, "I-im drawring b-billy" she said, continuing her colouring "he's my stuffed bear, he's in daddy's bag though"

Tubbo and Charlie talked for quite a while, charlie had been introduced to everyone at the table, george had dark brown hair and was very tall, jack had no hair at all, tommy was the loudest he had blonde hair and he was even taller than george, and Phil was the one that wilbur was talking to when they sat down.

"Will you colour with me" charlie asked tubbo as they continued to talk, "sure" she had moved onto a blank page and tubbo started to colour mindlessly along with the small girl.

Wilbur glanced over to check on charlie to see her colouring with tubbo, he was glad tubbo liked her, he was afraid that as soon as everyone met charlie that they would all hate her.

It was time to get in line for the flight, they began walking and got through security without having to stop, once they were on the plane it was nerve wracking, tommy took the window seat, tubbo claiming the one beside it, then jack sat down followed by george and charlie, then wilbur and phil.

Niki had something to do the day that everyone booked their flight for so she would be flying by herself the day after.

It was time for take off and charlie was abit nervous, she was gripping onto the armrests with her eyes tightly closed, wilbur hadn't noticed yet, he was showing phil some photos he had on his phone.

George saw how scared she looked and remembered his first time on a plane, how paranoid he got that the plane would crash, or that something bad would happen, he found himself softly holding her small hand in his while the plane began to take off, george promised her it would be ok and lightly squeezed her hand.

They were officially in the air, "see, we are all okay, no need to worry" george said warmly as he let charlie cling nervously to his hand.

"O-okay"

***

Charlie was asleep within half an hour of the plane journey since she would have been in bed alot earlier than the 8.00pm flight.

When charlie woke up she was sat in a car, she had been carried out of the airport so that she could get enough sleep.

She yawned quitely, speaking quitely to no one in particular,
"Where are we" she whispered, rubbing her eyes groggily, charlie got pulled into a small side-hug from Wilbur who was sat beside her, "we're in america love" wilbur said softly, watching as her small eyes lit up excitedly, "really!?" she questioned excitedly,

wilbur held her hand the rest of the way, it was 4:30am when they got to the hotel/air bnb that they had temporarily rented, they cautiously entered and went to the front desk where surprisingly a lady sat, charlie was hidden behind george and Wilbur, not that the lady could see her because the counter was much too tall compared to her.

The lady was nice for someone awake at 4am, she was a little bit grumpy but that was expected, she gave them, six keys, since tommy and tubbo would be sharing the 3 bed bedroom with ranboo, and wilbur would have charlie with him.

Wilbur left charlie with jack, since he offered to look after her while wilbur got changed and unpacked some of the things that they would need.

Wilbur carried two suitcases towards the lift, phil following behind him, it was quite a big elevator, he was surprised nobody else joined them.

"Will, mate, do you want me to look after Charlie tonight, you look exhausted, you need some sleep" philza said, with a concerned tone, "I don't know phil, chatlie gets these nightmares in the middle of the night and then she starts crying and it's- it's like she's re-living whatever she is getting scared of, I dont know what to do phil" wilbur ranted quickely, he sounded scared and sad, phil was shocked, he had guessed that she was just at the age where she would be waking up in the middle of the night, maybe she had ptsd, or was she just getting nightmares.

The same thoughts rushed through both of their heads as they stood in silence for what seemed like hours, "it's fine, I can look after her, make sure you get some sleep" phil said, placing his hand on wilburs shoulder as he let him walk towards his room, phil walking the other way.

***

"Jack" charlie whispered, "yes" he whispered back, mimicking her secretive tone, "why do you have no hair?" she whispered, she was genuinely confused, jack found her question quite funny and chuckled slightly, "well, I took all my hair off because I looked weird with hair" he said, returning his voice to its usual volume, "my daddy used to have no hair, but he looked stupid, you look so cool" she said a little louder but still in her usual soft, quiet voice, this sentence caught jack off guard, he remembered wilbur telling him the story of how he found Charlie, her father had been abusing her for years, and then he just left her on the street, in the freezing cold.

"T- thankyou charlie, I like your hair too" he said, following with something about Charlie's favourite colour.

A/n:
Go read this book it is incredible, it is probably one of the best things I have ever read.

A/n:Go read this book it is incredible, it is probably one of the best things I have ever read

em0bichaf is such a talented writer <3