X: Holy Heist

"Hold on, hold the fuck up. Nope. Wait. Stop. Zip. Nada. Halt."

You feel three pairs of eyes stare at you, "Did this bard, Venti, just dismissively say he's Lord Barbatos? Like, the God of Anemo? Mondstadt's Archon? "

The bard chuckles, "Seems I did mention that... Your point being?"

Aether's and your jaws hang wide open in shock, "If you really are a god, then we simply can't abandon you!"

Venti's head tilts in curiosity, face filled with confusion with a smidge of amusement, "Why does your decision hinge upon whether or not I am a god?"

Paimon shakes her hands in front of Venti as if trying to do her best to shift the focus from you to her, "Paimon'll fill you in on their backstories when we get the time."

You close your mouth as Aether nods, "And if you're not a god, then we'll help Dvalin anyway."

"Huh?"

Aether smiles, "We will bring you the Holy Lyre der Himmel."

As he turns around and leaves you three to discuss, he walks to the terrace overlooking the city. In a despondent tone, he murmurs, "I don't want to see another separation."

-

"Psst! It's here!"

Aether crawls towards you while Paimon checks around her to see if any sentries saw you. Upon entering the room, the fae checks to see if the coast is clear. Given a thumbs up, you and Aether stand, stretching from the cruel position you've been instilled on. You approach the Lyre, until a purple spark appears in between you and a certain victory.

"Nuh-uh-uh."

A woman wearing a mauve dress struts beside the Lyre, her hand caressing it. You clench your jaw as you and Aether launch yourselves in an attempt to grab the Lyre for yourselves. Her agility is no match for you two, however, and successfully snatches the instrument from your grasp. She lifts the Lyre and sends you a little wink and disappears in a snap, rubbing salt on the wound.

What a bitch, you thought.

Paimon covers her face in despair, "She... disappeared!?"

"Freeze! What are you doing here!?"

You feel a part of your soul leave your body, "Oh fuck, run!"

-

Venti is leaning against the railing as you, Aether, and Paimon bolt out of the Cathedral, the Knights hot on your trail, "We're busted! Run!"

The bard's eyes widened in panic, "What!?" He looks behind and sees a Knight yell for reinforcements, "Follow me!"

He hops off and opens his wing glider, you three following suit. He glides in between the houses and through the slivers of shops. He quickly leaps off the air as he finds the place you four will hide in, "In here!"

He opens the door and ushers you in, closing the door as soon as Paimon enters the building. You look around and see a moustached man wiping a wine glass and a redhead wearing a thick, maroon coat near a barstool with his arms crossed. The facility seems to be a tavern, seeing a handful of drunk-dazed people drinking their hearts away and the smell of alcohol reeking in the air.

Venti approaches the man, "Hi, we'd like a seat at your... ah... least conspicuous table."

The thick-coated guy, you deemed, raises his eyebrow, "Um... the second floor has fewer customers, you'd be less conspicuous up there."

He then looks behind Venti and sees your panic-stricken faces, and back to the dual-coloured haired boy, "But aren't you a bard? Why not sit front and center?"