Chapter 1

*edited

Jimin who?

Jimin who?

A long and exhausting day of university was finally over. I am now on my way home, dreaming of the nap since I didn't get enough sleep last night.

Opening the door to my house, I walked in and hung my coat in the wardrobe. Then I proceeded to go to my bedroom through the living room but once to the view came my parents and some other old unfamiliar man, I stopped on my tracks in confusion.

Since when do they hold a business meeting at home?...

"I'm back!" I exclaimed in a louder tone to inform my parents of my presence.

Both my parents turned around, sitting on the couch. "Oh,  Y/n... come here!" My mother exclaimed overly excited for an unknown to me reason.

I was finding it extremely unusual that my parents were calling me over in the middle of their meeting but I wasn't questioning them and just silently went over to the couch. Sitting down on a chair between my parents and a man whom I didn't know, I bowed to be polite and in return, an elderly man gave me a warm smile.

"Listen, we have to tell you something important." My mom spoke once again. I diverted my attention from the man to my mother cluelessly. My father's lips were curved upwards just as my mother's.

"This is Mr. Park. A CEO of the company Park Enterprises," my mom explained to me. "This is our daughter Y/n," she introduced me to the man.

Park Enterprises? As in the biggest company in all of South Korea?...

"Your daughter is really beautiful," the man complimented, making me blush. "Pleasure to meet you, Miss Y/n!"

"Thank you for the compliment, Mr Park. It's very nice to meet you too!" I gave a sheepish smile. "But... may I ask what this is about?" I looked at mom with a questioning look.

"Well, umm... You see, we are planning to cooperate with Park Enterprises. With their help our company will enter a global market-"

"Oh, that's amazing! Congratulations!"

"That's not it, sweetheart," dad made it clear that it wasn't the point.

"Oh? What is it then?"

"In order for the contract to happen you are going to have to marry Mr Park's son..."

They have got to be kidding me...

"Sorry what?" I blinked and turned towards the man who was carefully watching my expression.

"This is a joke, right?" I let out a small laugh, not believing my parents. They're not fans of arranged marriages so it would be absurd of them to ask me something of sorts.