Twenty three

"Thank you for the food

"Thank you for the food..." Haneul shows him a small smile, staring at the fried rice he makes on the plate.

He decided to take a day off since he still feels tired from last night party.

"You should start paying rent, you slept here, you shower and you even eat here." Jay let out a scoff, grabbing the chopsticks before reaching the omelet.

She shows him a sheepish smile, stuffing the food inside her mouth.

"We're friends now, it shouldn't be a problem." she mutters with the food full, making Jay looks at her in disgust.

"Friends? I don't remember befriending you." He teased.

"Yes, you did. You met me at the club to 'befriend' me and introduce me to your friends as your 'friends'." she let out a chuckle.

"It's an act."

"Yeah, yeah whatever."

Her eyes lit up with every bite she took, looking at him in amazement.

"I didn't know you can cook."

Jay lifts his gaze, Unconsciously smiling at her without replying. Suddenly, a ring from Haneul's phone caught both of their attention.

Haneul takes a small glance at her phone on the table, examining the caller id.

Gangnam Severance Hospital

Haneul immediately grabs her phone, hiding it under the table to avoid him noticing before slowly standing from her seat. He looks at her weirdly, not saying anything.

"Sorry, let me... Answer this call." she bowed slightly, walking towards the balcony in the living room leaving Jay alone on the table.

She slides open the door, taking in a deep breath while looking at the scenery outside.

Her finger slowly moved to the screen, tapping on the answer button before placing it to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Good afternoon, this is Gangnam Severance Yonsei University hospital, is this miss Haneul?"

"Y-yes it is, may I ask what's wrong?"

"Thank you for answering, miss Haneul. We're calling you because we've found out that you didn't come to a checkup for the past 2 weeks, we need an update on your health and an update on the surgery."

Her heartbeat fastened, getting nervous all of a sudden.

"Ah... I'm just a little busy..."

"I understand. Is there any day you're free to come for a check-up? You should check with us frequently because your condition is not going really well on the last checkup."

Her face dropped, thinking of how much she's been neglecting her health for the past few weeks. She swears to herself to do anything to be healthy, but it changed after she met him.