3.1

[3.1]
Danger

"Pack your things

"Pack your things. We're leaving."

General Iroh rose his head from the big map he was studying. As Lin uttered the words, his face turned into a frown. He looked at her, quite confused on how she entered the room knowing it was for high clearance military personnel only.

"Haven't you heard me?" asked Lin again, waving her hand for the man to hurry, "we need to go, now!"

The moment was interrupted by President Raiko. He strolled in the room and walked directly to Lin and the general. "You might be Chief of police, but your orders have no importance on the military," he said with narrowed eyes.

Lin rolled hers and shook her head, "Actually, I do. I have clear orders to go and find the Avatar, and General Iroh's presence was requested."

"By whom?"

"By Lord Zuko of the Fire Nation."

Both Iroh and Raiko froze at the name. The President stuttered, mixing up his words before he gave up and left the two. Iroh looked confused at Lin. "My grandfather told you that I need to accompany you in finding the avatar?" he asked, confused.

The Chief nodded and repeated her first words to him before leaving the general still confused. He took his things and told one of the commanders they would be in charge in his absence and left the military headquarters, following the Beifong woman. She didn't tell him any details, only left his questions unanswered or with minimal information.

When they stepped foot in Ba Sing Se, Lin Beifong went straight to where her informants told her the Avatar stayed. Iroh followed, still wearing his red intimidating uniform. Heads turned when he walked along Lin, staring at the numerous medals and the stars on his shoulders that gave up his status.

The chief knocked twice on a door and waited. Tenzin was the one to open, and at the sight of them his eyes widened. "Lin? General Iroh? What are you doing here?" he asked, stepping aside to let room for the two to enter.

They walked inside as Tenzin closed the door behind them. Iroh remained silent, the reason of his presence still unknown. It confused him greatly that it was his own grandfather that requested his presence with Lin, but the Beifong woman wouldn't tell him anything.

"We need to get Korra out of here immediately. Her life's in danger," exclaimed the Chief. Iroh remained unfazed, but confusion bubbled inside of his mind.

"What? What's going on?"

They ignored Korra, even though the general himself wanted to find the answers to her questions.

"I just got work from Lord Zuko, Rae, and Tonraq," continued Lin. Iroh frowned. He didn't know Rae had left her grandmother's side. Even though he hated it, he had no way of communication with the Guardian. She was in the middle of a swamp, no radios whatsoever and they couldn't use letters anymore due to obvious reasons.