Chapter 3: Hello Me(revised)

"When someone is talking."

"When someone is thinking or talking telepathically."

<<When Ciel is talking from within Rimuru.>>

*When someone is whispering or just coughing.*
____________________________________

Rimuru then went back to the entrance of Veldora's cave, planning to set course with the original plan. Veldora was nowhere to be found. Probably out to play again.

"I think that's enough fun right now. We've taken too long already."

<<Should we continue on not changing the history, Rimuru? Are you sure of this?>>

"Yeah, if i do change it then I will have to take on the role of doing the same thing as I did before again. It's just troublesome and redundant. I have no intentions changing anything from the past. I don't want to smack our efforts off and say everything we did and felt was useless. Instead, I could see the world from a different angle instead."

He paused and felt Ciel's satisfaction of his answer. He closed his eyes as he started to travel through time again. The space warped, lights seem to dance around him and soon...

<<...success>>

...He found himself inside at the side of the cave with his past self just sitting at the center of hipokute herbs.

"So, I just planned to let my past self do all those work exactly as I did while I do all the work from the shadows."

The nearby slime jiggled as if trying to see something or anything. It was the first minute...when he was reincarnated as a slime.

"Hello me."

Rimuru internally greeted with a warm happy smile, feeling nostalgic. He intended to keep himself in the shadows, and that is what he is going to do. There shall be no sound or presence that anyone could find. His presence seemed completely erased as if he was never there in the first place. The barriers all over his body serve such additional function for this mission.

He transformed back to his slime self and watched as his past self started eating the hipokute herbs around. He was much of a larger size nowadays so shrunk himself to the same size as his past self.

Ah it's been a while since I last took on this form. What with all the papers I have to face. But no one can deny the fact that I am still a slime even when I have a True Dragon body and whatnot. Being in slime form is the most comfortable feeling in the world, that is why I always love to take this form.

Missing the experience, he decided to take on some of the hipokute herbs too. Both slimes balding the interior of the cave, slithering, crawling, and bouncing around. And he quietly joined himself in the lake. Watching and quietly chuckling as his past self thought he would die then and there. That would be an awful short slife. Being reborn as slime just to eat grass and 'die' in a lake that he can't yet see.

Soon it was time...to meet the mighty dragon.

Rimuru carried a bunch of hipokute on his slime head to blend in with the surroundings, eventhough it was useless with his [Presence Concealment] on, as his past self started talking with Veldora.

When his past self started to eat him, he was amazed at how cool he looked back then. Even when he was eating almost everything in the cave, he can't help but find himself cute and adorable even when eating. All slimes do. And he was now motivated to add a special event for his fellow slimes in his timeline when he gets back.

A few weeks passed since that memorable day of meeting the dragon and he decided that he should just go ahead if he was planning something important.

"I admit it was amusing to see myself acting almost like an actual slime. I mean I am an actual slime, but an actual natural slime like the rest. But I have to go ahead first and see if I can make it in time."