ROSE

As I made my way upstairs, as anticipated I got a vast group of a crowd walking from one corner of the auditorium to the other. Usually, the girls were moving from one corner, nominating their chosen candidate for the council head. I hadn't made up my mind to choose the person. In my opinion, both had defects, yet both deserved the chance.

Rudr on the side wrapped in his navy blue attire, offering a smile to each person handling him the rose. He seemed interested in the contest, confident that he won't lose. I darted my gaze to the other candidate; he seemed engulfed with a crowd much larger than Rudr. My conception that he would lose the battle due to disappearance was wrong. He seemed to have a more loyal fan base. People were slowly moving from Rudr towards him. Overjoyed that he was back.

"Ru!" I heard a call from behind. "Where you keep on disappearing?" A concerned, filled with interrogative look was offered to me.

"I had asked you to stay beside me." Anuj eyes were showering daggers at me. Soon, his protective arm was wrapped around my shoulder. "You know, I can't trust those assholes around you." I shook my head. I was gifted with another overprotective individual.

"Who you think will win?" Samaira questioned overlooking Anuj words. I shrugged my shoulder. "Whom have you selected?" Inquiring further, both eyes planted on me as I gifted them with silence.

"I hadn't handed anyone," I whispered.

"What are you waiting for?" Anuj shook his head, handed me the rose from his pocket. "I knew you were in need so I saved it for you." He winked at the end. "Hope you will take the right decision." He pressed a smile, yet his eyes radiated nervousness. As if he was worried about my decision.

I slowly took the rose from him and soon Samaira pushed me. I intake a long breath. My eyes dart from Rudr to Ehaan. Why was the decision so difficult? Wasn't I sure if ever I had to choose between the two, it would be Rudr? He was kind to me from start. Ehaan had humiliated me at various events. I huffed in annoyance, my eyes averting back to Ehaan. But maybe he was a lost soul in the crowded audience. Even among the crowd, enjoying so many cheers. He still felt out of the crowd, as if he wasn't fond of it. He wasn't enjoying it. Though a smirk was playing on his lip, yet I couldn't miss the sadness radiating from those dark brown orbs.

I glanced at Rudr for one last moment. He seemed so among the crowd. He was part of it! He was living the moment. He wasn't in a need of my rose but Ehaan was. And I made the decision, taking my steps towards Ehaan. The crowd was loud that he could hardly glance at me from among the big girls surrounding him. Each one, glad to be present in such proximity with him.

It hadn't taken me days to realise Ehaan's loud fan base among girls. They often offered me with glare knowing I was a replacement for Mia. Though the competition was over and I wasn't anywhere near him. I knew the hate would continue for the remaining years in the school. I waited for my turn, yet people kept on bouncing and jumping over me to reach Ehaan.

"Owch!" I gasped in pain, one of them had hit on my shoe with her heel. With an irritated eye, I looked up at the source.

"What are you doing here?" She mocked with her furious stare. "Do you think, he would select you among us?" Her eyes had that revulsion. "You can't compete with us, don't even dream of competing with Mia." She warned showing her disgust towards us. Her eyes darting back to Ehaan present a few distances away from us. Mia had an arm wrapped around Ehaan.

The girl was correct! Ehaan won't ever choose me over Mia or any girl surrounding us. But my decision to walk towards Ehaan wasn't whether he would choose me or not but because I felt he needed it. I stared at the rose in my hand. How could I forget? Mia was there beside him and will be for him. He didn't require me.