1-one

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Oy! Mijo! Wake up!" You were just starting to wake up, the barrage of screaming was the first thing you instantly heard.

Your hair was messy, your shirt was all messy, and your lips covered and glazed by dried up saliva

"Coming!" You immediately knew why your papa was calling you for, he always asks you to help him tend the donkeys. If only one of you had Luisa's super strong gift, carrying 3 donkeys on each shoulder.

Today, Your best friend, Dolores' younger brother, Antonio, would be getting his gift today.

Last gift ceremony was nothing short of a disappointment, not only to the townfolk but also to Mirabel, herself.

"Your mama is taking care of your sister again, she has been cradling her for an hour outside now, she's by the bench, you should see her favorite teal pillow, after you help with the donkeys, go check on her okay?" Your papa tapped you on the chest, waiting for your approval, his eyebrows raised and held a blank look in his eyes towards you.

"Yes, papa. I will!" You start throwing the hay around the donkey pen.

You hoard the few loose donkeys back into the pen, refill the water bucket that the donkeys drink from, and cleaned up any...... Well, droppings.

"Phew!" Sweat was pouring down from your forehead, and down into your eyes. All of your muscles were pretty tired.

"Geez, you got yourself all sweaty and smelly! Go take a bath first, you can't go see your mama like that!" Your papa started walking to the field, he couldn't hear your next reply because he was already pretty far away.

You can't help but feel like someone laughed, you don't know why, it just came out of nowhere.

You think a little about it, but then you realize

"LOLA!" You hope that she heard that.

You were just about to enter your house but then, you see a girl walking down the slope that goes inbetween your house and the Casita Madrigal, and that girl, she was far too familiar to you, you give a look, that was the same as what you saw Mirabel give Isabela everytime she does anything that gets everyone's attention.

"Lola, if you tell anyone about this, i'll sing out of tune all night just to keep you up!" The look on your face was still on, in contrast to Dolores with the largest grin on her face, she laughed a little with her hand covering most of her chuckle.

"Hey, smelly, do you have any green cloth? Oh, and a pin, Mirabel asked me for one, and since noone in the house had one, and you're into art, i thought you'd have both of them." She had both of her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, i have the cloth, and with some digging i guess i could find a pin. I'll go get them for you!" You start walking into the house,

"No! I'll get them myself! I don't want the smell of donkeys on them!" Dolores walks towards you, with her hands waving in a motion telling you to stop.

Your look came back, and her grin came out wider. "Jeez, I thought Camilo was the over-acting one. Runs in the family, huh?" You roll your eyes and start heading to the shower. You hear her slightly chuckle as she headed to the room where you keep your art supplies.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

After taking the shower, you were surprised to see that Dolores was still in the house, she was sitting peacefully on the couch, holding the green cloth, and the pin.

"What are you still doing here?" She looks at you, with a surprised look. "Oh, well, i was waiting for you!"

"Wha?" You look at her with a confused look. "What for?"