Chapter 17

You felt a gentle touch on your shoulder and you jerk away, only to come face to face with John.

'We have to head out'.

'Really, where?'

He sensed your excitement, 'we're not leaving the hotel if that's what you're thinking, we're seeing Winston again'.
You can't help but feel disapointed, because you wanted to get out of here, but after the little stunt you pulled with Sarah well... You wouldn't blame him for not allowing you outside. 
You're led down the same hallway and to the big doors, but before you go inside, he turned to you.

'Don't tell him about what happened yesterday okay?'

He wasn't joking around, the look he gave you had sent shivers down your spine, and you also felt something deep down... Something you hoped you would never feel.

'Alright'.

Was all you could say before he opened the door and gently pushed you inside. 
Mr. Scott was sitting in the same place, Jesus, does he ever move from that place? He gave you a smile that screamed, I'm not in the mood today.

I'm not in the mood either.

'Good morning Miss. (L/N), I hope you had a good rest?'

You hesitated before nodding, you felt John's fingers tap your spine, don't fuck up, whatever you do.

'Where may your friend be?'

Your heart was pounding against your chest once again, 'she's sick, nerves usually do that to her, and I thought maybe she could stay in and recover, we wouldn't want her to pass on anything, I could pass information to her when I get back?'

Winston smiled and nodded, 'please', he motioned to the seat, 'sit down', you followed his instructions and settled down.

'I hope you're okay that Mr. Wick will be looking after you?'

You notice John move towards the corner so that you could see him in your peripheral vision, 'yes... I'm fine with him'.

You didn't want to start anything with him, he was so quiet when you first met him, now he seemed more relaxed.
Winston cleared his throat before shuffling through some papers, 'you don't seem to understand how important you are'.

'Really?'

Winston nodded, 'you parents were with me before they passed, they were going to pass you over when the time was right which meant that you were at an appropriet age'.

'But obviously I was gone and you couldn't locate me?'

You already understood the whole picture and Winston smiled, 'clever girl, you purposly hid yourself away which I would understand'.

'You found me and you were keeping an eyes on me'.

It certainly wasn't a question, but you could tell that it was the wrong thing to say because Winston frowned, clearly confused.

'What are you talking about?'

You shrugged, 'back where I was, I sensed that someone was watching me and someone actually put a letter under my door'.

'What did it say?'

You realised that you still had the letter with you, folded and shoved into your pocket, you fished it out and passed it to him.
You watched as th eolder man read the letter, his brow creased with worry, 'you must stay within these four walls, and John?' He looked over to Wick, 'you must keep your eyes out, make sure she never leaves your side'.

Something was clearly wrong and you began to worry, if Winston was worried then you certainly should be.