Chapter 43

Author's POV

Lunch was finally over and they all had their hour rest. The managers are now busy changing their clothes into their game shirts, which has a logo of their team. Since Namjoon will join them, he just improvised his with a plain white tee that he was bringing. He was the first to go to the backyard, followed by the male managers. The females are still preparing, so Namjoon wandered his eyes around to observe the game they would play. There are newspapers, paper plates, straws, and some party cups. He then glanced at Mr. Choi and saw that he's holding a fishbowl with folded papers in it. He got curious so he went over to ask.

"May I know what are those for?" He queried.

"Oh, this? This is for the pairing, sir, since the games for today are by pair." Mr. Choi answered as he shook the fishbowl in his hands.

"Ah, I see. That's nice." He said and is now hoping to pick Seoyeon's paper.

A short while after that, the female managers and Seoyeon went out. They all look fresh and ready to play. Thanks to Namjoon's sunglasses, they don't really see him looking at Seoyeon. She looks lovely with her hair in a half ponytail, along with her bright smile.

"Okay. Since everyone is here now, let's start the pairing." Mr. Choi announced and they gathered around him as they are already in anticipation on whom will be paired to them. "To be fair, I will pair the papers and we will open it all together." He said and they all agreed.

Namjoon took a deep breath while watching Mr. Choi shuffling the papers inside the bowl. Wishing to get her paper, he crossed his fingers. Then, Mr. Choi begins to pick the papers and paired them with another. And when he was done, he set the bowl aside and started to announce the pairs.

"First pair.... Mrs. Lee and Ms. Im."

Squeals of Ms. Im was heard as she and Mrs. Lee held hands together. Mr. Choi now proceeded to announce the next.

"Second pair..... Mr. Son and Me." And he set the two papers down, proceed to the next. "Third pair.... Ms. Kang and Mr. So."

And now, it's just the four of them. The chances of getting her as his partner is half the chance he has on not getting paired to her. Thrilled to announce the last pair, Mr. Choi checked both the paired papers before announcing it.

"For the last pairs, we have Mr. Han with Mr. Jeong and Mr. Kim with Ms. Park." He uttered. "Let us all pair up and prepare for the upcoming game!"

Namjoon can't believe that the universe is being his bestfriend right now for allowing him to pair with her. If only it allows him, he could already jump from happiness but he kept a straight face. He first tried to shrug off the overflowing happiness by exhaling before deciding to face Seoyeon, who is already standing beside him.

"Excited, are we?" She joked as she was able to notice his giddy gestures.

"Is it obvious?" He chuckled and she just smiled as she shook her head in agreement.

"I heard that the prize for the games today is cash." She whispered like she was a detective sharing secrets.

"You can have my share from all the prizes we'll get if we win the games." He said and it took her by surprise.

"Don't you want it?" She asked, suddenly forgetting that the prizes were from Namjoon himself.

"I'll still give you some even if we won't win. I'll add it to you salary." He chuckled and then she realized what she was supposed to realize.

"Right. I forgot you're my boss." She mumbled timidly as she blushes a little from embarrassment.

"Are you all ready for our first game?" Mr. Choi exclaimed and they all cheered. "Okay, so our games for today will focus on teamwork, trust, and strategic ideas on how to win. A friendly reminder: work with your partner, no individualism. For the first game, it's called the Sack Race. I know you're all familiar with this, but this time, the two of you should be in the sack. It goes like this.... You have to go around those chairs three times, where in the first two will be done by each of you, then the last round has to be the two of you in the sack."