61 | him, her, & the moon

SIXTY-ONE. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

"soooo..." sana dragged on as they all ate dinner together.

terushima sat across ymari and sana was at the head of the table.

the food was absolutely delicious. most of the food the girl cooked weren't japanese cuisine because her aunt was a huge fan of western food.

she cooked a medium-sized platter of buttered chicken, creamy garlic italian pasta, garlic bread, honey-glazed onion rings, turkey club sandwiches, and a small light blue and white cake with 'happy birthday' written in clean cursive on it.

terushima was impressed, to say the least. this was by far the best meal he's had in ages- and it was cooked by someone younger than him.

"why'd you bring ymari home?" the aunt asked, looking at the boy.

he looked up at her, swallowing the food he'd been eating. "well-"

"he had an umbrella." ymari cut him off and glanced at her aunt.

sana's had amusement glinting in her eyes. "that's it?"

"that's it." ymari quipped, turning back to her food and chewing on the crispy chicken.

sana looked at terushima who felt relief rush through him after the girl had cut him off. he doesn't do well with confrontation from an adult. he feels like he was caught doing something wrong.

"hmm. i see." she nodded her head, amusement evident in her features. "but i wanna hear it from yuuji."

terushima blinked. nope, he wasn't saved from confrontation after all.

"i was-"

"he waited until i finished club activities and brought me home." ymari cut him off again.

"but-"

she sighed in frustration, cutting off her aunt, "geez, obaasan. could you be more embarrassing?"

the aunt laughed, winking at her. "you know i'm just teasing~"

she then looked at terushima, "thanks for bringing her home."

he nodded, "it's all good, ma'am."

the woman gave him a pointed look, and he quickly corrected what he said. "i mean, uh.. sana-obaasan."

the woman smiled and they all continued eating the food ymari had prepared with a small intermission of the aunt blowing her birthday candle.

-

"i'll get the dishes washed." ymari stood up when they were finished eating.

sana stopped her from doing so. "it's alright. i'll handle this."