Twenty two

"Fuck you, Haneul

"Fuck you, Haneul." he whispered to her ears, rolling his eyes back as he feels annoyed.

"When?"

He stops his track, looking at her next to him. Jay flicked her forehead with his fingers, causing her to groan in pain.

"Ouch! Why did you do that!"

"Why are you like this? I didn't know you can be dirty-minded too." he let out a scoff, continuing dragging her body to his car with her arm around his neck.

Haneul didn't respond, instead she's too distracted playing with Jay's hair. He let out a frustrated sigh, ignoring her childish behavior.

"Why did you drink, Haneul?"

"You made me drink."

"How?"

She paused for a while, before replying.

"You left me alone at the table..." she pouts, eyes welling up with tears as they walk outside.

Jay notices her sudden mood change, causing him to look at her in disbelief. His eyebrows knitted in annoyance, stopping halfway on the road to persuade her from crying further.

"Yah, yah don't cry, dumbass."

Her glossy eyes stared into his eyes, centimeters away from falling down her cheeks.

"Y-you call me dumbass? You're so mean..." a tear finally escaped from her eyes. Jay's eyes widened at the sight, but at the same time he feels the urge to laugh out loud looking at her pouty lips.

"I didn't know you're the emotional drinker type."

Haneul continues to cry, wiping her tears on his shirt while still gripping his hair tightly. He squints his eyes, trying to suppress the pain.

-

As soon as they reach his car, he opens the back passenger door before gently placing her in the back seat car. Her eyes were already halfway close, her hair is messy.

He lay her down, gently removing some of her hair strands from her face.

He looks at her for a while, slowly trying to get out of the back seat. But before he could leave, Haneul pulls his jacket, causing him to be on top of her.

"Where are you going?" she speaks in a low voice, sitting up a little before reaching the back passenger door to close it making them so close to each other.

Jay's eyes widened, feeling a heat rose from his stomach to his head.

"W-what are you doing? I'm trying to--"

"Jay-ah..." she cuts him off, placing her index finger on his lips causing him to swallow his saliva in nervousness.

"Can you help me?"