Chapter 144 - Nora Hates Misunderstandings The Most.

The man in front of her was gentle and mild-mannered. His eyes were slightly upturned and he looked rather polite. However, the way he was speaking sounded a little strange.

Nora found his question rather ridiculous.

This was only the second time they were meeting, yet he was already starting to take note of her private life?

Even though she found him rather likable, she nevertheless couldn’t be bothered to talk to him about such things. She raised her brows slightly and said coldly, “It seems like you’re minding more than just your own business, Mr. Smith?”

She’d had a pretty good impression of him when she first met him back then.

However, when she realized that his wife was the one who was bullying Tanya, Nora couldn’t be bothered to be civil with him anymore.

She left straightaway.

Joel broke into a frown as he stared at her from the back. He couldn’t help but go after her and say, “Ms. Smith, allow me to remind you that Mr. Hunt already has a child!”

Nora, “?”

She looked back and raised an eyebrow. “So?”

After a long silence, Joel finally smiled bitterly and said, “As far as I understand, Mr. Hunt intends to marry the child’s mother. It doesn’t seem like a good idea for you to get in between them like that.”

“The child’s mother?”

“Yes, that’s right. The child ultimately still needs a mother…” said Joel with some difficulty.

Back then, it was exactly because he felt that Mia needed a mother—as well as the fact that he didn’t intend to remarry—that he had allowed Hillary to move in.

Now that he thought about it again though, that wasn’t true at all.

At the sight of Joel in such an internal struggle, something seemed to click in Nora’s mind. The corners of her lips curled upward as she raised her eyebrows and asked, “Is the child’s mother whom you’re referring to, Tanya?”

From the look of it, Nora also knew of Tanya’s existence.

Joel nodded. “Yes, that’s right.”

If Nora became close to Justin, going by Tanya’s character, she would definitely be sad, right? Or perhaps she would compromise for the child’s sake?

Therefore, the best solution was to have Nora take the initiative to withdraw from the relationship.

This way, he would also be fulfilling Tanya’s wishes somewhat, right?

A wave of irritability surged up within Joel. Going by his character, he’d rather drag Tanya back with him and keep her by his side.

Just like what he had done back then…

But he knew Tanya too well. That woman would never allow herself to be controlled by him.

He looked at Nora and said, “As long as you’re willing to leave Justin Hunt, I can fulfill one of your wishes for you.”

Nora, “?”

She suddenly smiled and said, “You’re going to make me misunderstand something if you do that, Mr. Smith.”

Joel’s heart sank.

If she found out that Tanya used to be involved with him and told Justin about it, Tanya would probably have a hard time in the future.