Chapter 146 - It's A Small World

Cherry had been part of Operation Complain To Daddy, so she naturally knew that it was Mia’s father who had bullied God-mom Tanya. However, she was still young, so she didn’t understand the complicated relationship between the two.

With her hands on her hips, she looked at Joel and said, “Handsome mister, how can you bully a girl when you’re so good-looking? God-mom Tanya was crying!”

Crying…

He thought of her tears that had fallen onto the back of his hand…

Joel suddenly stepped forward. “She’s your godmother? And not your mother? So, she’s not related to Justin Hunt at all?”

Cherry straightened her back at once. “Why wouldn’t she be related to him?!”

Joel’s heart sank, but the next moment, he heard Cherry continue:

“My godmother is Mommy’s good friend. Since Mommy and Daddy have given birth to me, then my godmother will definitely be related to Daddy, yeah! Don’t you dare bully God-mom anymore. Otherwise, I’ll get Daddy to beat you up, yeah!”

After saying that, the little fellow even got off the bed, came up to Joel, and kicked him in the calf..

Although she had kicked him with all her strength, to Joel, it was nevertheless still just a very light kick. He lowered his head and looked at the tiny fellow in front of him who was about the same age as Mia. He suddenly rubbed her head and said, “You’re right. I’m a bad person. I shouldn’t have bullied your godmother… How do you think I should apologize to her?”

Cherry, “?”

Eh?

The young mister surprisingly owned up to his mistakes very quickly.

Cherry thought for a moment and replied, “A fault confessed is one half-redressed, mister. You’re a pretty good man!”

Joel tried to sound her out and asked, “Do you know what your godmother likes the most?”

Cherry tilted her head and thought for a while. Suddenly, her eyes lit up and she replied, “I know! There’s nothing that God-mom has lacked during all these years—except for one thing!”

“What is it?”

“Nora! Smith! What the hell do you think you’re doing?”

Nora was driving when she heard Tanya’s roar over the phone. She looked ahead lazily and asked casually, “How does it feel to meet your old flame, Ms. Turner?”

The other woman’s voice instantly became dejected and she replied, “Not so good.”

Nora chuckled softly and asked, “Did you guys manage to resolve the misunderstanding?”

Tanya didn’t reply.

Nora raised her eyebrows. “You can’t be serious, right? Are you going to let the misunderstanding continue when I’ve already created an opportunity for you?”

Tanya let out a wry laugh and said, “It’s not about that. It’s mainly because… Even if we resolve the misunderstanding, so what? The two of us can’t go back to what we used to be anymore.”

“Why?”

Tanya sighed. “He’s already in a relationship with Hillary. What would that make me, if I involve myself with them? Besides, they already have a child…”

The conversation suddenly became a little depressing.

Nora fell silent for a moment. Then, she suggested, “How about… we make him a widower?”