Chapter 149 - The Interview Notice.

Anti: ‘I don’t know who that is.’

Director Shaw, “?”

It suddenly occurred to him that even though the two of them had spoken to each other downstairs, if Angela really was Anti’s younger sister, why would she choose to apply to be a postgraduate student under him rather than at Professor Anti’s?

Anti was a neurosurgery professor at the New York University School of Medicine by the school’s invitation. Many people were aware of this. During the last two years, there was no lack of people applying to become her postgraduate students. However, as Anti was out of the country, she had never accepted any of them.

But she had returned to the States this year!

At the very worst, she could have brought her sister with her instead!

This showed that her relationship with her younger sister must not be that great.

The shrewd Director Shaw immediately caught all these little details very sensitively, and he breathed a sigh of relief at once. It was fortunate that he had made the effort to bring it up and prevented his plan from backfiring on itself!

This was exactly why people shouldn’t just do things for someone else’s sake without saying anything about it. Without asking the other party about it, how would one know whether or not they truly needed it?

Nora had just sent the strands of hair, whose follicles were intact, and her own hair samples abroad a moment ago.

She called Lily, her assistant, and instructed, “Go to the most professional DNA testing lab and give me the results as soon as possible.”

A puzzled Lily asked, “Why don’t you do it in the States instead, Anti?”

Nora raised her eyebrows. “Because it’s easy for others to falsify results here.”

“…”

Lily fell silent—she actually found herself rendered speechless. A moment later, she said, “I strongly feel that you have a persecution complex. You’ve been hiding your identity for so many years because you’re supposedly in mortal danger, but I’ve never seen anyone wanting to kill you.”

Nora chuckled and replied, “Yeah, maybe you’re right. Just get it done for me, though.”

She didn’t dare to let her guard down even after she hung up, however.

Her mother, Yvette Anderson, had told her to stay mediocre and avoid being too outstanding. If not, it would get her killed!

She still didn’t know where exactly the danger would come from. However, she was no longer the same woman with a devil-may-care attitude from a few years ago, either.

She had two children now.

One would never go wrong being a little more careful.

After couriering the package, she drove leisurely to the kindergarten to pick up Pete from school.

Tanya was in a bad mood that day, so she had taken a day off and hadn’t gone to the kindergarten. As a result, she had to pick up Pete from school before she could go to bed. If only Pete could drive home by himself!

She let out a yawn while thinking about it.

At the same time, a surly-looking Pete stood at the entrance of the kindergarten with his schoolbag. After his repeated protests, Mommy had finally allowed him to wear trousers instead today.

After all!

There were also other little girls in the kindergarten who wore the trouser version of the school uniform.